Autobot Ark playset

puma

After seeing the Cyberverse Prime Wheeljack and play set, my interest in the Cyberverse figures has peaked a little more. So far, i've picked up the OP battle set, Powerglide, Guzzle, and Ironhide. I like the figures i have but don't plan on getting more of them. I'm not a fan of the Legion figures. I'm more inclined to get some of those Prime Cyberverse figures. They look rad.

With that being said, the question i'm posing is this. Should i pick up the Ark play set? Pros and Cons please. Thanks!

Yes. :thumb

It's a nifty little playset, and good display piece when it's not. (I dig looking at it on my shelf.)

The best option, if you can find it, is to get the one with Sentinel Prime packed in. Really sweetens the deal, even though he can't sit in the cockpit when closed up.

Only cons I can really think of is, some parts might be a little too tight, popping off easily. (but they go back on just as well), and it doesn't have a peg system to keep figures in place if you're attempting a diorama scene. (Sticky tac can fix that, I guess.) Oh yeah, and Hasbro hides all the missiles and accessories. They're in the box, but I don't remember where. I think it was behind Roller?

I passed on the Ark because I really dont have anywhere to display it. It looks good though, and I bet it would be fun to actually play with - if only to transform a couple times and set up different cyberverse figs on it.

I love mine, it's a great display for the Cyberverse fellas, esp w/ the action sets clipped on- Prime's trailer, Ratchet's lunar rover, and Bumblebee's truck-thing.

In spaceship mode, it's a much different scale, since in the movie we saw several Autobots in the cockpit area, and the toys holds only one, but it's still pretty cool for pew-pew action. :ohyeah (We need a pew-pew smiley.)

Bonus: the 4 big weapons (missile batteries and cannons) on the front are removeable, and use standard 5mm posts, so more BFGs for your other figures.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping we see some really sweet Transformers deals come black Friday. I want to get more of the BB battle station set. I can already see that you can plug a bunch of those in and create quite a display. Perhaps a little more impressive with a 2nd ark as well. The Starscream sets match well too, just not about using them because, well, it's a Decepticon set and Autobot ship. It should't matter, but to me somehow it does. Weird!

I didn't bother with any of the Cyberverse Movie figures. The Commander figs looked nice but the Legions didn't do it for me. I've already collected crap load of movie line figures and didn't see any real purpose to get them.

I did decide to pickup the Ark during the $5 coupon deal after seeing pics of the Cyberverse Prime figures. I plan on displaying it with them. Seeing that Prime does have a touch of the movie aesthetic. I think they will go well together. So I would say go for it.

Archived