Takara Tomy Encore #21 Soundblaster and #22 Twincast Figure Reissues Announced

BaCon

Joel over at BBTS just informed us that there will be two new Encore reissues coming from Takara Tomy. They have just posted the listings for Encore #21 - Soundblaster for $72.99 to be released in Feburary 2012 and Encore #22 - Twincast for $72.99 to be released in Feburary 2012. Additionally, they have posted a new listing for the EZ Chronicle Collection #02 action figures. Check out all the listings now up for preorder at bigbadtoystore.com. Read the Full News Story Here

TAK11349__scaled_600.jpg

This is good and bad. I am happy that the Encore line is still going, but these have both been previously released. I like the cassette repaints, but I would rather something new. These would have been a great way to get the cassette combiners released.

Preordered, but only because I recently saw the preorder price of Encore Devs jump up $5. As much as I want these for the cassettes I am kind of on the fence, I dont really need another Soundblaster and I dont know how I feel about Twincast.

Soundblaster has WINGTHING and ENEMY, while Twincast has STRIPES and NIGHTSTALKER.

Wingthing was the partner of Action Master Soundwave. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Wingthing_%28G1%29

Enemy was the cassette who appeared in old TF merchandise, like AM radios. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Enemy

Stripes is a character who was cut from the 86 movie, they used Ramhorn instead. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Stripes

Nightstalker was a character from a Marvel UK Transformers story, he's Ravage's old partner before Ravage became a Decepticon. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Nightstalker

Sweet so one of two things will occur.

Sellers on eBay will drop their prices to sett the ones they have and I can buy there, or

2) I will keep my preorders on these and get them in February. Either way sounds good to me

Well its good they are making toys for obscure characters. Maybe now there can be a Ratbat reissue. I know tons of people always want a Ratbat but don't like to shell out the cash for it.

Ratbat has already been reissued twice already: once in the Takara cassette 4 pack and in the SDCC Soundwave. I'm all for new repaints for new characters.

Well its good they are making toys for obscure characters. Maybe now there can be a Ratbat reissue. I know tons of people always want a Ratbat but don't like to shell out the cash for it.

Ratbat has already been reissued twice already: once in the Takara cassette 4 pack and in the SDCC Soundwave. I'm all for new repaints for new characters.

That's me paying attention again. Those happened during my time away from the hobby. :tfpwn

That's me paying attention again. Those happened during my time away from the hobby. :tfpwn

Me too. I wanted a Ratbat but not at SDCC price (considering I already had three of the four in the set) and I was broke when the encore tapes came out. Playing catch up on them is costly now as the encore tape sets are pretty pricey on ebay.

In an unexpected turn, the preorder price already dropped from the reported 72.99 to 69.99 on bbts. I have never been so happy over 6 bucks in my life. :yay

Archived