Sydney IMAX & TF3:DOTM

Damnit Dog

When the TF3 came out I was excited to see it an even my wife was excited for me. But for some reason we never were able to make it to the theater an catch it. I had one opportunity but the theater was not that great, and that was only after I got the times wrong for Horrible Bosses, and decided to the see the last Harry Potter movie instead.

So last Monday while on vacation in Australia my wife points out that the Darling Harbor IMAX was playing TF3 in 3D on the largest Imax in the world (8 Stories tall) and that we should go to see it. We arrive 30 minutes early, get our tickets, snacks and settle into a chair waiting for the theater to open. Slowly people begin to gather in the waiting area, and wife leans over and tells me that she hopes she is not the only girl in the movie theater. I try and calm her nerves and point out that there is a girl working the concession stand. She shoots me a dirty look and goes back to playing peggle on her iphone.

Eventually more people showed up with dates and my wife seemed to be more at ease. So Harry Potter lets out at ten till 8 and we are ushered into our seats and wait for the previews, which there are none. Its all add space and reminders that the 3D glasses are property of the theater and will not work on your TV at home or any other movie or IMAX screen. So whatever, this goes on for like 15 minutes and then the movie starts.

It was amazing, the screen seemed to be mere inchs from my face, and the slow pan on Huntingtons ass was AWESOME. The sound was amazing the CGI on an 8 story screen was breathtaking, and the seats were perfect. It added to the effect that you actually had to move your head around to take in some of the scenes or to look up one of the bots from a street view. The scene were Optimus gets all in the directors face for lying seemed to be right in scale and gave the entire movie a very good feel to the viewer.

Walking back to our Hotel my wife said that she was glad i enjoyed it. Though she was pissed that her McDreamy from Grays Anatomy was the villian, but she did enjoy it more then ROTF because she said this one made sense. All in all I enjoyed it and will not be picking up the copy on Friday only because of the recentness of my viewing and the pure awesomeness of whee I saw it. I will hold out till Dec.

I saw ROTF at Sydney IMAX, which was cool because it has extra scenes shot with an IMAX camera. Didn't bother seeing DOTM there cos I don't think they shot any additional IMAX scenes, did they?

You should've told me you were coming to Sydney! We got lots of TF collectors here and we would have gladly organised a meet up with you! :D We've done it before for TF collector visitors from other cities, states and even overseas. :)

heavytread2.jpg

Archived