Screw Waspinator, I have plans....

Liege Evilmus

Looks like a good start, Liege!

:agree on the USPS boxes. All those boxes reminds me of my bedroom. Sad it's been two years since I've moved, and that room has been in a constant state of chaos. (then again, so has the rest of my apartment.)

Love how Kremzeek has a shelf all to himself. You should get him some furniture, and he'll look really comfy. :mwahaha

Hey...I didn't type that furniture stuff. I think I have a Kremzeek of my own. :lol

You really think anybody will find this interesting? You must have the sort of narcissistic personality disorder normally reserved for basic cable reality television.

I am, of course, just messing with you Liege! :P

Had me going for a min....... :tflaugh

I was wondering what happened Liege.......Could I have missed him :tfhuh

Thanks guys. & yes for moving the shipping boxes are great(and free)

As for the shelving, I had track up for years & loved it. After a year though I may buy this place though & I'm pretty impartial to putting holes in the walls

-or even worse having to refill holes in the walls & paint.

I ditched nearly all my shelving units & counters so I'm pretty much starting from scratch. I am going to need some tables for a couple larger displays I want to set up, but yesterday I was looking at these

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-4-Shelf-Storage-Unit-Dark-Grey/8251820

They're a good size, and cheaper in the store by about 2 bucks. It's easy assembly, & expandable.

Plus unlike book cases the open sides make for a nice opertunity to set up some action displays.

I'm gonna grab 2 sets over the weekend. If someone knows a place where I can find a better deal or has a suggestion, well, thats what this thread is all about so lets hear it.....

You really think anybody will find this interesting? You must have the sort of narcissistic personality disorder normally reserved for basic cable reality television.

I am, of course, just messing with you Liege! :P

Had me going for a min....... :tflaugh

I was wondering what happened Liege.......Could I have missed him :tfhuh

Yeah, it's been a looooong while since I was able to give Liege a hard time so when I saw my window I jumped on it! :P

It's all in fun though!

As for shelving, I think you should consider building you own. That's what I'm doing for my TF room. For the cost of a nice quality curio you could probably buy all the lumber and stain you'd need to shelve the entire room (can "shelve" be used as a verb? It can now). Plus, places like Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, ect. are usually happy to make the cuts for you. It's just so much more cost effective and you get the satisfaction of custom building/designing your own space.

What are the dimensions of your room by the way?

Don't know if your picking on me again & if so Baweepgrannawepidon'tknowhowtospellthat!

It's all good man!

The last couple places I had where a mix of track, cases, & milk crate with random planking. The idea of checking out the HW stores is of course heeded. I'm heading to Harbor Frieght tomorrow cause really, you can't beat them for man stuff(even if it's gonna be geared towards play things).

I'm gonna give those sheles a try, & maybe instead of lining a wall run some planksbeteen them.

I love the idea of building, but I just don't have the time. Tomorrow a gardener is showing up to teach me to garden. I knew how to do it on dirt, but this is sand(Yes I've already built a castle).

It's tough, but after a couple years of having my colletion in storage & not buying anything for that much needed"fix" I really want to get this underway, still, I want to do it right.

My main computer is going in the TF room so webcam is coming soon. Still, with everything else it's alot.

-anyone in the NC area who wants to offer help is welcomed to PM me.

All that said it may take a while but I'm loyal to the site & this thread, and not for anything JX, it may not be part of perma display but you will get the picture you wanted!

Nah, I'm done messing with you buddy! I got it out of my system. I used to do some contractor work so I know that stuff pretty well. For my shelving along one wall I'm using an 8' 4x4 with a 4' 4x4 for the bottom half of each making it 4x8. I'm using 4x4 because I like the look better than 2x4 even if it is overkill. I'm running 12' five 1x4 boards between them with one bracket wall mounted in the center of each shelf. This'll give me room to display approximately 80 MISP Deluxe Class Transformers on the top 5 shelves alone. the bottom 4' is going to be 2x8 shelves for the large classes and I'm not exactly sure how many there will be. All corners will be rounded off and all boards will be stained and finished. I think it'll look pretty good. You'd probably need at least 2x6 for your shelves since it would provide a larger surface area to stage your battles in addition to extra support, and you'd want to use two brackets instead of one.

As for gardening in sand, the soil where I lived when I was in Wisconsin was real sandy. It's tricky. You'll definitely have to till in some good black potting soil and water more frequently. Different tolerate that condition differently but with some care and practice you can grow just about anything. Good luck with your lesson!

Oh, and I'm looking foward to the picture. It's gonna be epic!

I'll be doing the shelving thing next year, Hopefully with at least 9 ft walls. This 8 ft is killing me and running out of room. Though it has helped me become creative with the space LOL

Can't wait myself. But Liege you really need to hurry back

I've always wanted to see a display room where the walls were covered in a classier version of that hole-perforated chipboard that lies at the back of most toystore peg displays. Then, a simple black/white/chrome 'peg' (again, similar to the toystore variety) could be slotted into any of the holes. Have a padded, weakly springloaded claw at the end of each peg. And have both short and long pegs.

Voila, a wall with every Transformer seemingly suspended an inch or three away from it, in mid-air. They could be repositioned as desired, in any mode, and easily unclipped and reclipped. If the collector managed to fill up all the walls, they could either use longer pegs to suspend toys in front of the existing collection, or add semi-freestanding walls and/or display panels to the room.

The secure padded grips would allow easy toy cleaning all over via air jet or duster (without needing to clean any shelves). The pegs could also be used to hang MOSC toys in their natural environment, and pairs or triplets of pegs could hold up MISB toys. Finally, as they would only extend a few inches from the wall, they could be covered by glass display doors, or wooden paneling, slats, blinds, accordioning panels, or even a simple curtain in the event the room has to be temporarily repurposed.

As a bonus, the peg-walls could be freestanding (possibly braced against the ceiling), making them ideal for rental properties and rooms where permanent changes to the walls aren't wanted. And if they were made from, say, 2' tall stackable sections, it'd be a matter of moments to transport an entire collection-wall to another room - without needing to un-display any of the toys.

Archived