Transformers MP-10 Masterpiece Convoy Up-Close and Personal

BaCon

This actually looks worthwhile! It's smaller than the original MP Prime, but it looks like it fixes at least one of the biggest points of failure. The vehicle mode, at least from the angles shown, is worlds better than MP01. Even front-on, the only angle that looked remotely decent on MP01's altmode, is drastically improved! And without compromising the robot - that's amazing! I'd like some rear shots of the cab, to see if that's been improved, but overall it looks like this Prime actually looks good in altmode, unlike the first. I hope Hasbro brings him over, preferably complete. Although if they decided to swap Spike for a Peter Cullen figure I wouldn't object. Who would want Optimus Prime driving Optimus Prime?

Now, if Takara will just announce that this guy is all-plastic, I'll start saving for one.

It was announced that this Optimus is all plastic and you can tell by the pics its all plastic

UM's already been announced. so yeah...

When? On this site?

No Ultra Magnus was not announced, What was shown was MP-10 Version 2.0 wearing G1 Ultra Magnus's armor. It was done by Takara Designer Hasui Shogo as a Concept

This actually looks worthwhile! It's smaller than the original MP Prime, but it looks like it fixes at least one of the biggest points of failure. The vehicle mode, at least from the angles shown, is worlds better than MP01. Even front-on, the only angle that looked remotely decent on MP01's altmode, is drastically improved! And without compromising the robot - that's amazing! I'd like some rear shots of the cab, to see if that's been improved, but overall it looks like this Prime actually looks good in altmode, unlike the first. I hope Hasbro brings him over, preferably complete. Although if they decided to swap Spike for a Peter Cullen figure I wouldn't object. Who would want Optimus Prime driving Optimus Prime?

Now, if Takara will just announce that this guy is all-plastic, I'll start saving for one.

It was announced that this Optimus is all plastic and you can tell by the pics its all plastic

UM's already been announced. so yeah...

When? On this site?

No Ultra Magnus was not announced, What was shown was MP-10 Version 2.0 wearing G1 Ultra Magnus's armor. It was done by Takara Designer Hasui Shogo as a Concept

Thanks for the info. I check this site out daily and surely that was something I wouldn't have missed. Optimus Timelord, a Masterpiece Powermaster Prime would rock!! That's something I would invest in.

There will be a MP Ultra Magnus v2! The real question is, will they pick the battle armor style like the g1 toy or the titanium style? I'm praying for the battle armor version since it has more playing value and I get 2 robots. Also it's a homage to the G1 toy.

I think it's a nice mold. Would I buy it, no. I think this was done to go with the Alternity line. That's just my opinion though.

I like the larger bot mode and the larger alt mode. I wish they would have brought a trailer out here, but I can easily fix that with the 3rd party and or the Takara trailer. I really like the fact that they thought about Spike interacting with OP in the Cab, the roller car, the Repair drone and the control panel. That is really cool. I can't say that I like the alt mode better than the MP01 / 04. It seems that all the things they improved, they removed another good item almost cancelling out the efforts IMHO. The ALL plastic doesn't really bother me unless it becomes a QC issue that causes the figure to break.

The lack of arm communicators IMHO is a big deal breaker. If iGear can add them to their Seeker mold, why would Takara remove them? I don't like the Bot mode nearly as much either. I am not a fan of those weird feet. Now I understand why people complain about proportions with Bot mode. why the hinge on the gun is so apparent doesn't really make sense to me? It basically cancels out the whole idea of being able to stow it away. I don't really understand that anyways because this guy comes with a trailer now. What's the deal with the roller car holding the trailer? Does that mean it doesn't have the ability to stand on it's own like a real trailer?

I would love to see an Ultra Magnus mold that uses the Car Carrier method for Alternity AND looks good when combined. To me that seems what they are doing here. They can't outright justify the time spent for only one mold so they used this one as a stepping stone to get there. I hope it doesn't turn into just another repaint. I think if that happens there will be more people leaving the MP collecting and looking to the 3rd parties who are actually listening to what we the fans want.

I feel this figure is for newer collectors who haven't started or maybe those who missed on the Original MP OP releases. I guess we'll wait and find out. I would buy this figure for $125 - $150 but no way for $250. Also since it is a new mold and design, remember what happened with MP Rodimus version 1

Looks like I'm saving up for him. I hope the price will be dropped soon since the asking price is over the top.

But I would like to get him and I'll begin saving up for him soon, maybe if I'm lucky I might be able to get him early next year, sooner if the price drops. If Hasbro releases him then he'll likely be without the trailer and very hard to find. They would probably have to make him into movie Bumblebee so that the kiddies notice him.

Anyway, he's on the 'to buy' list. Looks a lot better than MP-09 Hot Rod/Rodimus.

Bah, not impressed. Head too small, forearms too big, windows and chest grill wrong shape, no thumb articulation, no wrist comms...

i don't quite get why the lack of thumb articulation is a big deal.. from the looks of it.. he'll be able to hold his gun a hell of a lot better than hot rod or mp-01/04..

i also don't get the big deal with the communicators.. they're really that big of a deal breaker to people? that just doesn't quite make sense to me. hell.. i think i've only flipped mine out once.. ever. i would much rather his arm be more detailed for his alt mode than have a communicator.

as for the feet.. they look pretty accurate to the G1 cartoon. what isn't accurate is the chest windows.. but for me, the rectangular shape of them really makes the figure look better.. but that's just my opinion. i rarely like something inaccurate. .. but it's not totally inaccurate compared to the G1 figure.

and for the forearms.. yes, if you have them hand completely straight down then yes, they look a little long, but i don't know about you but none of my figures have there arms hanging straight down when the figure has elbow joints.. just bend the elbow a little and it's perfect.

not only does this figure fit in well with the alternity line.. but it fits in great with the rest of the classics/universe/generations ..etc figures. which makes sense being that those figures are the same size as the alternity figures. i love that now prime can be displayed with the rest of the classic type figures and not look like unicron next to them.

lastly, the head.. i've heard complaints that it's too big, i've heard complaints that it's too small.. and i've heard that it's too big.. i personally think it's just right, but that's me.

Bah, not impressed. Head too small, forearms too big, windows and chest grill wrong shape, no thumb articulation, no wrist comms...

i don't quite get why the lack of thumb articulation is a big deal.. from the looks of it.. he'll be able to hold his gun a hell of a lot better than hot rod or mp-01/04..

i also don't get the big deal with the communicators.. they're really that big of a deal breaker to people? that just doesn't quite make sense to me. hell.. i think i've only flipped mine out once.. ever. i would much rather his arm be more detailed for his alt mode than have a communicator.

as for the feet.. they look pretty accurate to the G1 cartoon. what isn't accurate is the chest windows.. but for me, the rectangular shape of them really makes the figure look better.. but that's just my opinion. i rarely like something inaccurate. .. but it's not totally inaccurate compared to the G1 figure.

and for the forearms.. yes, if you have them hand completely straight down then yes, they look a little long, but i don't know about you but none of my figures have there arms hanging straight down when the figure has elbow joints.. just bend the elbow a little and it's perfect.

not only does this figure fit in well with the alternity line.. but it fits in great with the rest of the classics/universe/generations ..etc figures. which makes sense being that those figures are the same size as the alternity figures. i love that now prime can be displayed with the rest of the classic type figures and not look like unicron next to them.

lastly, the head.. i've heard complaints that it's too big, i've heard complaints that it's too small.. and i've heard that it's too big.. i personally think it's just right, but that's me.

Yeah, I guess I'm sounding like a harsh critic, lol. But I genuinely, honestly do prefer the overall look of MP-01 for screen accuracy. Of course, the new one has its good points; great alt mode, stability, articulation etc. But it just doesn't look like the character to me. So Faith Leader will remain the best MP Op for me.

Do folks really think MP-10's head is too big?? Looking at that first comparison pic with MP-01 where they are both posing with their guns MP-10's head just seems really really small. And the side shot of the two of them with elbows at 90 degrees shows both forearms almost the same exact size, despite the size difference in the figures... so somethin' ain't right!

The arm communicator isn't a total deal breaker, but it is a big deal to me. I actually do stop motion animation and in both alt mode and Bot mode I use that little detail. No other figures that I know of besides the iGear coneheads and MP OP have ever sported those. I don't understand at such a price point why they can't keep that nice little touch in there AND be more detailed. As a collector it is those small little details that make me feel better about paying so much for the figure. At $250 I would think a collector wouldn't have to sacrifice that.

I just don't like the way the feet look. I feel they look like space shoes instead of feet. I think if you collect the Alternity line, then this prime is made for you. Hopefully they will make a UM of this.

Archived