Transformers MP-10 Masterpiece Convoy Up-Close and Personal

BaCon

Thanks to the fine reporting work by our good friends at higekumatoytoy who has posted an astounding seven reports covering the Transformers MP-10 Masterpiece Convoy action figure by Takara Tomy. Many a fan has complained that we don't need another MP Convoy. Even more cried foul when it was revealed the MP-10 would be a scaled down version. Now that it is out. Many of us may have to admit that in this case, less can mean quite a bit more. After studying the images, it is hard do deny this is one insanely detailed action figure in every way. From the alternate mode to the weapons, Takara Tomy have improved on everything. Read the Full News Story Here

transformers-mp-10-convoy-takara-tomy%20(17)__scaled_600.jpg

He looks pretty good, but I have MP01 which I still think is the perfect incarnation of Optimus Prime so I'll pass. I can't justify the cost right now. I'll wait for the inevitable Ultra Magnus (with trailer armor) that they'll release. Mark my words....

UM's already been announced. so yeah...

Also Hasbro will probably release this with the same price tag as the piece of crap Tinkerbell Prime that's out now for DOTM, so I'm gonna ait it out. 250 bux is way overpriced for what is at the end t the day, a toy truck

This actually looks worthwhile! It's smaller than the original MP Prime, but it looks like it fixes at least one of the biggest points of failure. The vehicle mode, at least from the angles shown, is worlds better than MP01. Even front-on, the only angle that looked remotely decent on MP01's altmode, is drastically improved! And without compromising the robot - that's amazing! I'd like some rear shots of the cab, to see if that's been improved, but overall it looks like this Prime actually looks good in altmode, unlike the first. I hope Hasbro brings him over, preferably complete. Although if they decided to swap Spike for a Peter Cullen figure I wouldn't object. Who would want Optimus Prime driving Optimus Prime?

Now, if Takara will just announce that this guy is all-plastic, I'll start saving for one.

When? On this site?

Knowing Takara it'll just be a repaint for UM...nothing new. I mean they are probably going to do 10 other versions of THIS Optimus also.

When? On this site?

nope not on TFans but on TFW2005 ;-)

Goddamned uptight nerds. "Duh, where does Optimus Prime's gun go when he transforms? That's bugged me since I was a kid." Well now you have your answer and we get an Optimus Prime that's got a smaller rifle with a large hinge on the barrel. I hope your happy. :(

Bah, not impressed. Head too small, forearms too big, windows and chest grill wrong shape, no thumb articulation, no wrist comms...

I really hope they reuse this mold for Powermaster Prime and Ultra Magnus though; it's about time we had some variation in the Masterpiece line!

Archived