Transformers Gerwalk / Guardian Mode

Yotsuyasan

I started to order the Konig Monster sometime back, but hesitated. How is it? Like "Bad ass", Okay" or "Meh"? Been a fan of the old M.A.C. III series for ages.

It's big, it's impressive, it's badass and it's sturdy.

It has some minor problems, but all but two can be excused as being necessary for the greater figure and its size.

These minor two flaws are:

1. The GERWALK shoulders are only JUST tight enough to carry their load and they pop back into the Destroid shoulder pieces a bit too easy, thus disengaging the ratchet mechanism.

2. In GERWALK, the platform the legs are on does not peg into the fuselage very well. Because of the diecast in the legs, if you do not support for platform with your fingers when picking this thing up, the legs will fall forward. Luckily it is very natural to hold this thing so that does not happen, making it more of a non-issue that just should not be.

I put a review of this thing in the TF Reviews section and I can take more pictures later

EDIT: This is the video of the review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gYiBTy_rvI

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found some online....

Leader Starscream:

macrossscream.jpg

Voyager Seaspray:

Seaspraymech.jpg

Masterpiece Megatron:

megsgestaltfo6.jpg

Movie Deluxe concept Bumblebee:

Gerwalk.jpg

Animated Starscream:

SS.jpg

Movie Dropkick:

motivator5119634.jpg

Animated Blurr:

Blurr.jpg

Cybertron Jetfire:

DSC01465.jpg

War For Cybertron Cliffjumper:

GerwalkMode.jpg

I found some online....

Some of those look quite good! Others... not so much. :P

I dunno, usually Gerwalking (if I may turn it into a verb) cars and trucks doesn't really come out well, in my opinion. The Bumblebee one seems to work, though. But not so much some of the others. And that Megatron? Looks like someone just got frustrated half way through transforming him and gave up.

Hmm... I suppose it has been a while since I asked what everyone else might come up with. Suppose I should grab a few more of my own Transformers and see what I could do. Maybe, just as a challange, I'll even try a few land-based vehicles, myself. Hopefully, I'll be back later with a few pics!

Sorry for the crappy cel-phone pics, but I seem to have temporarially misplaced my camera... Anyway, here's a few.

post-21668-061403500 1317349271.jpg

Thunderwing

post-21668-071524900 1317349306.jpg

Bumblebee

If my camera turns up soon, I'll retake these and edit this post. But I did say earlier I'd try to add a few more contributions, and didn't want to not be a man of my word.

Some of those aren't Gerwalking anyways. There needs to be legs AND arms. Don't forget the arms.

I would certainly agree that a proper Gerwalk needs arms, and you'll certainly notice that my contributions all have 'em. I wasn't going to be a stickler for it on other's posts, though. Even in Macross, you occasionally saw a Valkyrie with the legs out but the arms still stowed away. (Usually in situations that required fast breaking, or VTOLs. Never in combat.)

Archived