Transformers Gerwalk / Guardian Mode

Yotsuyasan

Anyone familiar with the anime series Super Dimension Fortress Macross (or the version that was brought to America as the first third of Robotech) will know what a Gerwalk (or, in Robotech, Guardian) mode is. It is that mode of transformation that is half-way between robot and vehicle. The original G1 Jetfire (which was the same toy as the main vehicle in Macross) even included this mode in its instructions.

So... what Transformers do you have that you can make good Gerwalk modes out of?

post-21668-064466400 1316227755.jpg

Classics Jetfire on the right, along with two Macross Valkries. (The one on the left is the same basic toy that was also used for G1 Jetfire, although sadly I don't have the Super armor for it.)

post-21668-037797800 1316227774.jpg

Lugnut gets a Gerwalk mode!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started to order the Konig Monster sometime back, but hesitated. How is it? Like "Bad ass", Okay" or "Meh"? Been a fan of the old M.A.C. III series for ages.

Yeah, but it still makes me feel warm inside to see that toy.

Ah, the warmpth of obliteration. ^_^

Say hello to the VB-6 Konig Monster's GERWALK mode!

img0210xe.jpg

img0212w.jpg

img0214o.jpg

Thats such an awesome figure. What does the other transformations look like? I haven't seen this type in a long time and it looks aaaawwweeeesome!

Archived