1984 Autobots / Original Ark Crew: Classics Style!

Yotsuyasan

I guess I'll have to settle with my Bayverse, Animated and my soon to be Prime collection which I'm very happy with. But nothing can beat the original G1 aesthetic and looking at those pics bring me back.

Well, if you want some more vicarious nostalgia, I was just coming to the forums to share another photo. My Soundwave arrived in the mail today, and I just had to pose him with his underlings and snap a picture. (Soundwave is basically as is out of the box, I will be ordering him some Reprolabels in the near future.)

post-21668-059264400 1319832930.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, hopefully my next post should be the final finished prouduct (at least until either Hasbro or some third party company gives us a Classics style Gears) but I thought I'd do one more work in progress post in the meantime, since I got a bunch of stuff in the mail this weekend.

So here's where I currently stand:

1984 Autobots:

1984Autobots.jpg

Still need Wheeljack and Trailblazer(both in my Pile of Loot at BBTS) and Gears (sadly, doesn't exist).

As a bonus, I also have a Spike and Sparkplug waiting in my Pile of Loot. Also, the Devil Horns kit to make Cliffjumper more unique.

Just realized I forgot to put Hauler (a repurposed Grappel) in the pic... I'll make sure he's included with the gang in the final picture.

1984 Decpticons:

1984Decepticons.jpg

Still need Thundercracker (in my Pile of Loot) and Reflector (PE-11 is in the pile, as well).

Technically, I suppose I'd need someone to represent Buzzsaw, but that is an omission I am willing to live with.

As a bonus, I've been taking advantage of KO Toys's going out of business sale. While I wasn't interested in them before, with the sale I couldn't resist picking up the Rainmakers and a trio of generic purple seekers. I've got two more on the way, a Sunstorm and a black and silver seeker that I thought looked cool, so what the heck.

(Anyone wondering, the KOToys seekers seem obviously inferior ro Hasbro quality, but aren't horrid. There's a few overly tight joints, a few overly loose ones, but they don't feel like they're about to crumble apart on me. Certainly an option to expand the Decepticon ranks a bit so they're not vastly outnumbered by the Autobots.)

• 3 weeks later...

I know you've got the giant disc-shaped Laserbeak, but have you considered Either of these?

Laserbeak from Cybertron Soundwave:

http://shmax.com/part_details/190/laserbeak

Laserbeak from Titanium Soundwave:

http://shmax.com/part_details/3108/laserbeak

(that picture doesn't do it justice)

I know you've got the giant disc-shaped Laserbeak, but have you considered Either of these?

Laserbeak from Cybertron Soundwave:

http://shmax.com/part_details/190/laserbeak

Laserbeak from Titanium Soundwave:

http://shmax.com/part_details/3108/laserbeak

(that picture doesn't do it justice)

I hadn't considered them, no. Although his scale is perhaps a bit large, I think I'm good with the repurposed Real Gear figure I'm using. The Titanium one doesn't do it for me and the Cybertron one, while having a nice bird mode, the bomb mode doesn't really seem to fit in with what I want. Besides, I should think it difficult to get either of those without their corresponding Soundwave, neither of which I am interested in.

Still, if a better thing to use for a Classics Lazerbeak ever makes itself known (especially if there might also be a Buzzsaw recolour) I may be interested. But for now, I am happy with what I have.

Archived