Transformer Consumer Ethics

Goktimus Prime

Transformer Consumer Ethics 1  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is your policy on unlicensed toys?

• I don't buy unlicensed toys
    • I buy 3rd Party items, but I don't buy counterfeits
    • I buy counterfeits, but I don't buy 3rd Party items
    • I only buy 3rd party accessories, but not 3rd party figures
    • Ethics?! As long as my wants are met I don't care who makes my toys (I have no compunction against unlicensed toys)
    • Other (please specify)

Someone (not a member of this board) brought up a good point: he said that he doesn't buy KOs not necessarily because he has anything for or against them, but because he - like me - buys his Transformers when they're current, and KOs always come after the legit toy has come out.

Therefore, for those of us who collect toys while they're current, KOs offer us:

+ Something that comes out later

+ Something that can be of inferior quality

+ Something that can be more expensive than the original (when purchased at its original retail price)

Hence his choice to collect legit originals comes from the fact that it's just easier and cheaper and he personally sees no need to purchase counterfeits.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone (not a member of this board) brought up a good point: he said that he doesn't buy KOs not necessarily because he has anything for or against them, but because he - like me - buys his Transformers when they're current, and KOs always come after the legit toy has come out.

Therefore, for those of us who collect toys while they're current, KOs offer us:

+ Something that comes out later

+ Something that can be of inferior quality

+ Something that can be more expensive than the original (when purchased at its original retail price)

Hence his choice to collect legit originals comes from the fact that it's just easier and cheaper and he personally sees no need to purchase counterfeits.

Some KO's actually end up being superior to the original product don't forget that

And yes some people do buy when the item is current, but for those who are backtracking certain KO's are a very good substitute for the original

Archived