ID a transformer?

Leitmotiv

IMG_20110915_123524.jpg

IMG_20110915_123318.jpg

I scored some small G1 Transformers at a swap meet. But I also walked away with these guys (except for the grey jet, still not sure what that is). Any ideas?

The jeep looks like it's missing the top piece that fits on the back of the jeep. The black van says Japan.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are these "identify pages" that you mention?

Basically any website with pictures and names. Common ones are TFU.info, Shmax.com and Transformerland. These websites let you search by color, but none of them are totally complete. Some have pictures and some don't.

Transformerland is well on it's way to becoming a good source for other lines as well. And other lines are much needed. I have plenty of pieces that need IDing but as far as I know there are not similar sites for GI Joe and the other hundreds of toy lines since the 70s.

YOJoe.com is great for GI Joe. just need to do a little searching to find the identify portion of the site to help you out.

YOJoe.com is AWESOME! I cant tell you how many hours of my life I have wasted looking around that site. My vintage Joes are the only thing I was able to keep from childhood. I love using this site to match the weapons to the correct figure.

I like to use http://www.toybin.org/ to look at vintage bots. They dont have many search features, and only really have toys from 84-86, but thats all I am really into so it works for me.

• 2 weeks later...

May I use this thread? I don't want to make a new one for such a similar subject...

Now that I'm in an apartment I'm comfortable with, I'm going through my TF collection and reorganizing/putting everything on shelves. Back when I first packed it up, I pulled all the missiles out in order to keep the springs from wearing out. Nowadays I don't care so much, so I'm trying to put things back where they belong.

I am still ID'ing missiles left and right, using tfu.info to match up the toy with its missile. But I have a problem - a missile that I don't know which toy it goes to!

The missile is the 2009 classics Dinobot sword. However, I don't think I ever owned Classics Dinobot, or if I did he's not in any of the bins I can find. So I'm wondering if this sword was released with any other TF's, or if I am just going crazy or something.

DinobotMissile_1259092074.jpg

This is exactly it. And if this has only been released with Dinobot, then.. well.. I'm confused as hell.

Archived