Is your collection SAFE?

Backfire

I'm sitting in my Financee's living room, while my stuff resides in NJ in my storage locker. Hurricane is a comming, and I'm picturing the roof of my storage complex being ripped off and all my stuff getting at least drenched, if not blown away.

In reality, I took precautions to put everything at home up higher, off the floor so that it won't get wet if my house floods, and my storage unit is on the second floor, so flooding it can stand, roof blowing off not so much. The lockers are caged in, so I don't think it can blow away, just all my boxed items not in tupperware like containers are at risk.

SO how's your stuff? Is it safe?

Mine's about as safe as it can get. The water table is high in my area so we do see occasional flooding, but my house is up on a hill the worst I get in heavy rain is a couple inches of water in my basement. All my TFs are in my office upstairs so no worries there. Of course, since I live in East Central Illinois, tornadoes are always a concern but there isn't alot I can do about that.

Good luck with your collection man. I hope it comes through the storm unscathed.

My stuff is safe, one I never have to worry about hurricanes, or earthquakes just tornadoes. Plus I have renters insurance covering up to $150,000.00 even though all my stuff combined is not worth that much. But it gives me the ability to rebuild if I ever have to

I'm in NJ & so far I can tell you you don't have to worry.

I know my collection is safe the first rule is always nothing directly on the floor, and it's also insured by the storage facility I use.

-I also include it under my homestead insurance so if disaster does strike I'm payed.

This right here is a issue though, I'm at my brother's this weekend getting stuff ready for a move. I had a giant display case here that is well wrapped but outside. It's a 6ft tall 3ft wide giant glass octagon tarp wrapped on two boards on the side of his house & we have no way to get it inside.

Those tarps it's wrapped in can easily become a sail in strong wind & then I'm screwed. That thing cost a fortune & I never got to use it yet :(

Trying not to worry though. Whatever happens happens, and alot of my friends down south said they got hit & it was pretty much nothing.

If there is a repeat Katrina I'm boned.

Crap, thats right you just moved to NOLA!

I am a few hundred miles south of you in SOUTH Texas. We have had a lot of fun storms the last couple years. Luckily hurricanes give you a lot more notice that tornadoes or earthquakes. I always imagine driving away from a big storm with a car packed with TFs instead of the less important things like clothes and jewelry and family pictures.

If you're a serviceman, watchout for my nephews Joey & Anthony.

Beyond that, the storm came & went, my new house didn't het ashed out to sea in NC & unless your in a flood basin your stuff in NJ is OK

-including my display case.

I can call out overhype in a boy who cryed would manner, or I can thank the powers that be for the pass....

Archived