Decision about the Devastator's

Transmitte

I've got the TFC Not Devastator(hate that "not" business) on pre-order and have Exgraver in hand. I also have the encore Devastator on pre-order as well. Herein lies the rub: 600 in all for the TFC version is quite a lot of change for all of us, but the encore is roughly a sixth of that. However, the Crazy Dev additions would seriously add to the enjoyment of him, but adds even more cash to the fire and is making me go wince somewhat.

Opinions on should I get the encore devy(AKA both) and then try to gather up the CD chunks for it or just call it a day and stick directly with the TFC version only? I'm inclined on the later but the nerd in me wants to get both(damn all the crying my wallets been doing of late).

Thanks in advance.

::EDIT::

I am getting the TFC one, it's the encore + CD parts I'm mulling over getting. I just worded that above piece not too well(That'll teach me to type and work at the same time)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go with the TFC Not Devastator, as even though he is $600. you can spread the cost out over months so its not as big of a hit on the wallet

I am not getting the TFC Devs, just the Encore. But I really only collect G1 (aside for things that really catch my eye) so I can easily pass on a third party Devs over an Encore version.

I am by no means trying to take anything away from TFC Devs - that thing is going to be awesome! I have kicked around the idea of getting the CD upgrades myself. I was actually thinking about getting them for the cheap chinese ko devs I have and leaving Encore Devs in his original state.

Those crazy devy parts are so over priced. I know the TFC figures seem expensive but compare what you get for the price, the TFC figures are better in my opinion. I'm all about Hercules and would say go for that one. Don't forget about the Make Toys version too! I would skip the encore set.

I would go with the TFC Not Devastator, as even though he is $600. you can spread the cost out over months so its not as big of a hit on the wallet

Yep, he's already on the purchasing block, piece by piece.

I am not getting the TFC Devs, just the Encore. But I really only collect G1 (aside for things that really catch my eye) so I can easily pass on a third party Devs over an Encore version.

I am by no means trying to take anything away from TFC Devs - that thing is going to be awesome! I have kicked around the idea of getting the CD upgrades myself. I was actually thinking about getting them for the cheap chinese ko devs I have and leaving Encore Devs in his original state.

I want to collect G1(in general) but that's a monster I've only barely started. I like the G1 Devs and all the CD add on's, it the buying the TFC and the G1 + CD parts that's potentially ripping my wallet(and some conscience) to tiny shreds if I do. I use to have KO Devs, that thing was so floppy even MP Rodimus was like "Daaaaaaammmmmn!"

And Yes, the TFC is gonna wreak some beautiful havoc on the shelves.

Those crazy devy parts are so over priced. I know the TFC figures seem expensive but compare what you get for the price, the TFC figures are better in my opinion. I'm all about Hercules and would say go for that one. Don't forget about the Make Toys version too! I would skip the encore set.

And you had to throw another log on the fire! lulz! TFC Devs is damned pricey, but he's my half a year in waiting b-day gift to myself. But I'm still trying to make the call on the second half of this debate in my head(and wallet).

Do you have any of them? I see the head for $30 and as much as I want to, I cant bring myself to pay $30 for a head. OK, so its an articulated head, but its just a head nonetheless.

Did anyone see the preorder for the CD waist and chest shield that just came up at BBTS? It looks nice.

yeah the Devistators coming out are a tough one. They look awesome but even spread out, a premium is a premium price!

This has been a thing with me & TFs for a while. It's like comic books in the 90's. Withe everyone on the band wagon & premiums on everything, you have to draw a line & decide what is actualy worth it?

It all looks great, and yes we want it all. But then we get to the point when the premiums are really kinda shoody, and the excuse that it's 3rd party gets old.

It's not like even like 8 years back where $10/12 bucks bought you a nice figure, $40 bought you something groundbreaking & new with $100 bringing in a vintage MIB piece that you always dreamed of.....

I've always loved collecting TFs and always will, but this year I scaled way back & bought maybe 8 figures. That said I just took the rest of the money & put a healthy down payment on a house 2 miles from the beach.

So really it is just like comic books in the 90's. Do we let the markets trick us into what things are worth(I have so many issue 1s of things that are worthless) or do we demand better for our dollar in a niche market!?!

I know I'm right, but I also know there's enough people ready to jump on whatever they put out there to kick out the ground from under me.

Just get Encore IMO.

Screw the Encore one, I've had my vintage one for years, and it would be a lot cooler to have the TFC or the Maketoys one, So you can actually do battle scenes with Devastator posing

Archived