Ultimate Optimus Prime

Goktimus Prime

More comparisons with other toys:

ultimateop29.jpg

L-R: God Ginrai, Ultimate Optimus Prime, G2 Laser Optimus Prime, Powermaster Optimus Prime, 1984 G1 Optimus Prime.

God Ginrai is longer than Ultimate Optimus Prime by just a leeetle bit -- i.e. because of the Godmaster engine. If you took that off, they'd be about the same length. Yeah, I know that it shouldn't really count because God Ginrai is really two Autobots joined together. Ah well. :P

ultimateop30.jpg

ultimateop31.jpg

I was initially hesitant to include Star Convoy into the comparison shot since his trailer isn't separate. But then I thought, "Ah what the heck, why not..." ;)

ultimateop32.jpg

ultimateop33.jpg

I couldn't be bothered taking out Armada and Energon Primes... I'll do that another day. :P

And fun with the 5mm weapon ports! :D

ultimateop34.jpg

ultimateop35.jpg

ultimateop35a.jpg

ultimateop36.jpg

yep, even all armored up it just looks craptastic.

I know you didn't want to break out Armada Prime, but that is a impressive alt especialy with Overload & Jetfire.

My biggest issue with this alt mode (which is my favorite of the three) is that it isn't neat. Even Ebergon Prime who's completely misshapen in alt mode presents a better offering then this.

I'm dating myself but to me a Prime trailer should be a decent bunker & compact ary along and only after that a upgrade

This thing is just incorrect.

yep, even all armored up it just looks craptastic.

Yeah but it's FUN to play! :D Come on, what kid (or kidult) wouldn't love a truck mode that you can arm to the teeeeth?! Reminds me of that scene in G2 when Optimus Prime rolls in adorned with weapons blazing... only this is more hardcore! PHWOAR!! :D Kid(ult)s don't care about how "cool" it looks -- when I think back to half the Lego creations I made... so freakin' impossible, but they were Kick Ass! :)

This is like Chuck Norrismus Prime ;)

I know you didn't want to break out Armada Prime, but that is a impressive alt especialy with Overload & Jetfire.

It's not hard to get to my Armada Prime - he's just sitting on the back of my Armada shelf. I just don't have the time atm. I will do it though. :)

My biggest issue with this alt mode (which is my favorite of the three) is that it isn't neat. Even Ebergon Prime who's completely misshapen in alt mode presents a better offering then this.

The cab mode's not that neat, but the trailer is reasonably neat, even with the 5mm holes. The MechTech undercarriage looks a bit strange, but you can easily just take it off and set it aside for a more realistic looking trailer.

Look at it from Hasbro's POV... a trailer is inherently a rather boring but big and expensive accessory. You gotta justify it with play value. Having said that -- I would have MUCH preferred it if they'd just given this trailer a COMBAT DECK mode, like G1 Prime's trailer, instead of being able to combine or hold a shite-load of weapons!! Seriously! It'd be better on several levels:

+ Better tribute to G1 Optimus Prime. Optimus Prime was never a freakin' Pretender.

+ Makes the trailer also a play set that can interact with Optimus Prime and other Autobots.

+ You wouldn't need to simplify the engineering on the cab robot to combine with the trailer.

+ The trailer opens up to a combat deck in the movie!!![/b] -- okay, Hasbro will probably never be able to make the combat deck mode look like it does in the movie (they probably should've had a word with Dreamworks about designing that in a way that was more conducive for HasTak to engineer as a toy), but it would still work. Far out, Cyberverse Optimus Prime's trailer has a combat deck mode, why doesn't this one?!?!? (answer: cos Hasbro wants us to buy both)

Another alternative for people who really want a trailer, but don't want THIS trailer (or the crappy Cyberverse one), is to import the Japanese Voyager Class Prime with trailer. That looks like the best of the lot. Or take a gamble and wait and see if Hasbro decides to release that trailer... knowing my luck, now that I've bought Ultimate Optimus Prime, I betcha Hasbro will release the Voyager trailer!!

For anyone who cares, I took some measurements today.

The box's dimensions are: 40.8cm(W), 15.5cm(L), 37cm(H)

So it has a volume of 23399cm^3 (23.399 litres)

I compared this with Jetwing Optimus Prime's box: 21.2cm(L), 44.3cm(W), 32.5cm(H)

volume = 30523cm^3 (30.523l)

Optimus Prime in vehicle mode...

Cab only = 8.5cm(H), 7.3cm(W), 22.5cm(L)

Trailer only = 32cm(L), 10.8cm(W), 12.5cm(H)

Cab and trailer combined = 50cm(L)

Optimus Prime in robot mode

Base robot = 20cm(H) 14.2cm(W)

Robot combined with trailer = 31.3cm(H - head height only), 56cm(H - with wingalings fully extended), 20cm(W - with wingalings fully contracted)

I took some more action piccies which I'll post on the action pose thread later. :)

Archived