Can't decide.... Need Help

dcj91x

I have both Ultimate prime... Which looks ok to me and the Ark in box but I was thinking of getting a second of one of the two to open. If I get the Prime.. well I will just get him and probably have in displayed in his alt form. If I get the Ark however I will probably also pick up several legend figures to include the cybervers action sets (especially the prime with his trailer), all to open and set up a scene of.. But honestly I do not know which would be beter to have and open. What do you all think.

Thanks, I appreciate any advice.

Unless you have massive shelves, prime will need to be displayed in alt mode - I personally think that is ultimate primes only good mode anyway. Just open them both! I dont foresee any value in either of these MISP (but what do I know) so save the cost of buying a second of either one and play with both. Put what you would have spent on a second into cybervers figs to populate the ark.

I have an entire room for my TF figures. It has shelves and display cases with more than enough space to add more to the 3,000+ figures I already have... I actually like having a boxed version of any of the ones I do open... (if Possible) But I only allow myself so much to spend on the TF figures I get... hence the debate on which to get..

Target has cyberverse figs on sale for $1 off and B1G1 Free. not a bad deal. i'd say go ahead and open them up. I don't see Ultimate Optimus going any where any time soon. I'm hoping to get one on clearance in the future.

Strictly from a play/display value standpoint, I think the Ark set would be the one worth opening. I'm a MISB/MOSC collector. I will probably pick up an Ark for my collection, but for display purposes I think Ultimate Prime has more to offer me MISB.

So if I were you I'd open the Ark and deck it out with other figures and sets.

Also, in case anybody missed this, Walmart has Ultimate Optimus on sale for $60 in store right now.

I know regardless of what I do, I have at least one child who will be getting an Ark for a birthday or Christmas so I'll get my chance to play. If my kids didn't like Transformers I'd have to seriously reconsider my collecting style :P

Strictly from a play/display value standpoint, I think the Ark set would be the one worth opening. I'm a MISB/MOSC collector. I will probably pick up an Ark for my collection, but for display purposes I think Ultimate Prime has more to offer me MISB.

Also, in case anybody missed this, Walmart has Ultimate Optimus on sale for $60 in store right now.

how longs is this sale going on for? I was wanting to wait for it to get to around the $50 mark on clearance but i can deal wit h$60.

how longs is this sale going on for? I was wanting to wait for it to get to around the $50 mark on clearance but i can deal wit h$60.

Not sure. My wife saw him on sale two days ago. If it's like a normal Walmart sale he'll be that price at least through Sunday. Plus since she works there I get an extra 10% off.

Easy solution. Open them both.

I don't care if people want to collect MISB, fine. But if you do both, open first collect MISB 2nd! They want to be opened and transformed and have you make whatever weird noises you like to make when playing with them. Don't deny them that!!!

Archived