Megatruck and Cyberjet Strafe

Jin Saotome

This G1ish version of Megatron was made from what seems to be the most versatile mold in the DotM set, voyager Megatron. His head came from the classics deluxe 2-pack tankmegs, the fusion cannon is half WFC Meg's cannon and a GI Joe launcher, hands from a kotobukia Modeling Support Goods kit, and removable chest section from a Cybertron Red Alert. I spun his lower body around like I did with my Menasor so that the flat leg sections were inside and could be hidden in vehicle mode after being painted red.

I made him a little taller using the hip modification and added toe panels to the feet. Some extra tubing sculpt was added to the waist (or back depending how you think about it) and he was basecoated with Tamiya royal light gray spray lacquer then detailed up. Without a doubt this is my absolute favorite Megatron I've ever done and is how I'd want to see him someday on the big screen if there ever was a G1 reboot.

More pics here---> Megatron G1ish DotM

Megatruck_001.JPG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Cyberjet #2, Autobot aerial gunner Strafe! He's the same recipe as Air Raid and uses a Terradive (or Space Case, god forbid) body with a modded ball neck and PCC Leadfoot commander head. The chest was modded by removing the grate to allow it to fold all the way up against the waist and gluing the cockpit together to keep it from unfolding. The leg wings were clipped free from the legs and glued in place on the back, giving the figure back his G2 look. That little shoulder gun came from the HA Thunderhead figure.

More pics here---> Cyberjet Strafe

Strafe_001.JPG

Archived