something new

WereFox2009

Something to munch on here. Americans hate change. That's why we get all this recycled garbage. Hasbro doesn't want to stray from their formula because, usually, when that happens people drop off.

There is always a drop off, though mass exodus's are the most severe, last one of those was during BM. Hence why Hasbro went back to G1 aesthetics

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think one thing that really hurts the story telling is that they slimmed down the factions. You get a handful of focus characters then some annoying human (I'd like to beat Miko with Sari).

Back in the day, even in AEC there where robots all over, and you got like a whole modern season in one vintage episode.

I'd say go back to that. You're always gonna have Optimus & Megatron, but why not use them like Ultra Magnus in Animated. You know he's there, he's in charge, but you don't need him in every episode so the other guys can go do their thing.

If they expand the character base like they use too the writers won't get tired just recycling the same 5 guys & maybe be less prone to just saying OK reboot it!

Not for anything, I would love a searies that focused on the Decepticons instead of the Autobots. That right there is something they always had but never did and just has so much raw potential!

Also, a horse & buggy TF would be awesome.

I had a horse/buggy idea a while back except it was a horse and a haywagon. They were a Decepticon duo in a piece of fan fiction I was writing called Transformers: Dark Ages. It was about Cybertronians who grew tired of war and settled on Earth 1000 years before G1, hoping to find peace but becoming embroiled in human conflicts instead. I'm digressing though....

So Needle was the horse and I imagined him to be a pretty standard Beast Wars-style quadraped. Haystack was the haywagon (I know, duh, right?). He was slim and mean. He even had a pile of hay/straw incorporated. In the fiction it was a nanorazor mesh he could shape into various weapons. When he wasn't using it, it would drape down his back like a mane/cape.

I really need to get back to developing that story.

^ AWESOME

Thanks Liege! I'm looking forward to you being back for good man!

Ya know what'd be neat? If they repainted/retooled the Mach Kick mould themed as the Four Horses of the Apocalypse. I know that Transformers Armada repurposed the Armada Transmetals (Cheetor, Airazor, Rhinox and Terrorsaur) as Unicron's Four Horsemen - but I reckon it'd be neat if you had the four horsemen thingie, but who transform into horses! :) A cheaper option might be to retool the Battle Unicorn mould - remove the horn - and do that as the horsemen. Or both - maybe have a Mach Kick retool/repaint as the leader (Death?) and the other three being smaller retools of Battle Unicorn. Hiyaa!

The only change they should make to Battle Unicorn is to put some pins in his shoulders so the armor plating doesn't pop off.

Otherwise leave that Mystic Maximal alone.

As for Mach Kick, sure, retool him all you want & get the kibble under control too. It's hafl done & in storage, but I have one I've been customizing into Robot Unicorn Attack ;P

Archived