something new

WereFox2009

Ok first I want to say I love 99% of the original transformers, but enough is enough.... We "need" a new cast or transformers is going to go stagnent! We are nearing a point inwhich the formers no longer have movie cred. and lets face it no transformers cartoon lasts more then three seasons because Hasbro is a money hungary bastich. We need a new cast an off shoot, a true spin off... Maybe the next generation lets face it even transformers die and one day even bumble bee will drop.

My idea is a future setup where a new prime is named and maybe its a familiar face, but nearly all the cast would be new and maybe this prime would take the bots out space trekkin for a place the decepticons haven't touched yet. Take the time and post some of your ideas, when I get out of work I'll post a more indepth concept, I hope others will as well.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its definately been done before, but mostly in Japan. The newest thing we've ever seen was Beast Wars, which is probably the best example. TBH the entire reason why we're stuck in "flashback" land is due to the fallout following Beast Wars and Beast Machines. More TRUKK less MONKEY if you know what I mean.

But I agree... I'm tired of Optimus Prime dies (but comes back later), Megatron becomes Galvatron, and the ultimate villian is Unicron.

I could handle a new set of characters. I could even handle an AEC spinoff that takes a more in depth look at life on one of the other planets inhabited by transforming robots (speed planet, ect...)

Cybertronians were supposed to have colonized many planets during the Golden Age. Let's see what happened on one of those, maybe one that lost touch with the rest of the Cybertronians and never new there was a civil war. Can you imagine a TF show with no Autobots or Decepticons? Maybe one where there are many tribes or only one dealing with inner conflict?

PRAISE PRIMUS I LOVE THIS THREAD! :D

I completely agree with you, WereFox2009! As Tripredacus said, Beast Wars was the best example in when Hasbro^Kenner revived a dying Transformers franchise by introducing something totally fresh and new. Transformers went from near-extinction in 1995 to becoming the 3rd best selling boys' toyline in 1996/97 (after Toy Story and Star Wars). And you're all absolutely right about Transformers having ridden on the coat-tails of Beast Wars' success about 10 years ago, and now currently riding off the coat-tails of the movie franchise's success. But once the momentum starts running out they're going to need to do something new.

I don't think the franchise is anywhere NEAR bad enough to have to do that right now, but it would be better to do it sooner rather than later (be proactive rather reactive). I would love to see entirely new characters -- and NOBODY whose name is Optimus, anything-Prime or anything-tron.

I would love to have the next series focus on Rodimus Prime, the 3rd season of Transformers and Headmasters was complete crap, And it takes it into the future with Rodimus in charge, where you would have a healthy does of both familiar and new characters.

A Transformers series that isn't Optimus and pals?!?!

I agree, but man try getting that through the gate these days.

there's not much else the transformers can change into. vehicles and animals are about it. I loved Beast Wars and would have loved to have seen that last longer. What if Hasbro does what Marvel and DC are doing with Direct to DVD animated movies. They could do one shot stories and see how that goes. I would be interested in checking it out. That or they get different animation studios to write and animate their own 10-15 story like the Halo Legends dvd. The Batman version of the mixed director style was dumb. But the DC and Marvel ones sell well enough where new ones comes out every 6 months or so. I'd be into it for sure.

The straight to DvDs is a great idea Puma, it would allow Hasbro to test the waters for different angles without committing to a long run show. I like the idea of extending the Headmasters line, and it fits in Hasbros thought process of transforming robots is not enough of a gimmick and allow new versions of old characters.

I'd actually love for them to start again from about quarter of the way through the animated movie.

I'd have the very start in a blurr and slow motion, people panicking in the medical bays at Autobot city. First Aid trying to piece an Autobot together when all of a sudden Kup come in as fast as he can with a heavy Optimus Prime on top of him. Hot Rod in very close pursuit.

Then I'd have Hotrod taking a panicked look over at the bay that Percepto'r sfirst trying to fix Prime up at, and have the story go from there.

I'd also like to write in a part where people are told of Brawns last dying act on the shuttle, basically, he comes to in time to pilot what's left of the shuttle away from crashing into any civilisation, but takes his own life in doing so. I can't be the only one who thinks Brawn would have survived that shot from megatron, am I?

Archived