Cyberverse the new main line?

sbrfrst

The economy is down and slowly picking up and most people are stripped for cash and hasbro will probably take note of this so i'm wondering, since cyberverse is pretty much a budget line, would hasbro go with cyberverse as a main line? and if so would you be ok with it? either way, i love the cybervers and i was hoping they'd put more into it and mabey they'll give it a shot!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. That Cyberverse line IMO is total trashtacular. I don't care for it at all and am hoping that scouts make a comeback and soon! Plus I love the Deluxe and Voyager sizes Sooooo much better with hopes of Ultra size to come back someday soon when the economy gets better.

Anyway...Cyberverse... :puke

Nuff said on my part.

I LOVE Cyberverse. I think the price is what turns some people off. Nothing that waiting for some good sales can't fix though. Totally worth it, especially with a sale like TRU's BOGO.

As a main line though, a resounding NO. The economy won't get better. Personally, as it is now, it's done! Who knows what all that will mean for future Transformers lines. I could live with a voyager, deluxe, basic/cyberverse assortment for awhile. I love some the really big badass figures, don't get me wrong, but I could also deal without the big expense for a little bit.

Instead of the larger class figures, perhaps put more of that creative effort into a new spin-off of the Alternators line which includes all types of vehicles. I still don't think a great deal of the fandom has given up hope that Hasbro will eventually deliver such a line.

Just my take on this topic here, but I quite like the Cyberverse line. However, they're never ging to be as articulated or detailed as the deluxe class and above, so they'll never take over as the main line I don't think.

And as for price, I don't mind the pice of these guys actually, the smallest is pocketmoney change, and the largest, for example prime with trailer, is only a little less than the price of 2 of the leader cyberverse figurrs. And with the amount of extra plastic you get with the trailer, that's fair value IMO.

The only thing I REALLY have an issue about with these guys the most, is the fact that the leaders dont have head articulation, which they honestly really could do with

Deluxe will always be the "main" figures for me. I buy the smaller figs sometimes but mostly because I'm bored and need my fix. If there were more deluxe figs not named Bumblebee or random clear or neon colored repaints, I probably wouldn't have bothered with these scout wannabes. They aren't that bad, really, but they also aren't that great and I have nothing I can do with them but stand them next to larger versions of themselves.

My main gripe with Cyberverse is the price. Here the RRP for Legion Class is $9 and $20 for Commander Class, whereas traditionally Legends Class retail for $7 and Scout Class for $15. Some stores sell them cheaper, but those are the standard retail prices.

The playsets have been disappointing. The Ark was okay, but I got that on sale for $34 -- the RRP for it is $60! If I'd paid full retail I would've been bitterly disappointed with the Ark. Starscream's Orbital Assault Carrier is really mediocre (G1 Flattop's vehicle is so much better) and Optimus Prime's trailer feels like a knock off.

What would make Cyberverse more appealing to me is if they created more unique characters for it instead of only downsized versions of larger toys. I understand the appeal it has to kids in offering cheaper alternatives, but if you had character/toys that were only available in Cyberverse, then that might hold greater appeal. Roller's an example of this, although being sold in the big and expensive Ark playset kinda makes him move shelf warm atm.

Hasbro gave us Micromasters during the global recession of 1990-91 to make Transformers cheaper, and it was cool because you could build massive armies of Transformers with limited funds. I reckon they should try to go back to that formula.

My main gripe with Cyberverse is the price. Here the RRP for Legion Class is $9 and $20 for Commander Class, whereas traditionally Legends Class retail for $7 and Scout Class for $15. Some stores sell them cheaper, but those are the standard retail prices.

wtf, how r ur toys that expensive?

What would make Cyberverse more appealing to me is if they created more unique characters for it instead of only downsized versions of larger toys. I understand the appeal it has to kids in offering cheaper alternatives, but if you had character/toys that were only available in Cyberverse, then that might hold greater appeal. Roller's an example of this, although being sold in the big and expensive Ark playset kinda makes him move shelf warm atm.

Hasbro gave us Micromasters during the global recession of 1990-91 to make Transformers cheaper, and it was cool because you could build massive armies of Transformers with limited funds. I reckon they should try to go back to that formula.

this was the kins stuff i was hoping to get out of the line, i just dont think its gotten there yet but im fine with the main characters being in this line because... well, it just looks right i mean if we got cool characters in this line i would wanna put them up next to a well scaled prime and megatron but thats just me

wtf, how r ur toys that expensive?

this was the kins stuff i was hoping to get out of the line, i just dont think its gotten there yet but im fine with the main characters being in this line because... well, it just looks right i mean if we got cool characters in this line i would wanna put them up next to a well scaled prime and megatron but thats just me

Goki pays in Australian dollars, not $US

Actually the Australian Dollar is currently stronger than the US dollar (and has been that way since late last year) - but in spite of this, our stuff is getting more expensive (greedy retailers, grrr!). The AUD is currently worth 1.03USD, which is the lowest it's been for a while.

Here's the standard retail prices of Transformers here:

+ Legends Class = $7

+ Legion Class = $9

+ Scout Class = $15

+ Commander Class = $20

+ Deluxe Class = $30

+ Crossovers Deluxe Class = $35

+ Cyberverse playsets = $30

+ Human Alliance (boxed) = $45

+ Voyager Class = $50

+ Ark w/ Roller = $60

+ Masterpiece Rodimus Prime = $80