Review: TFC Toys Exgraver Figure

Blitz-Wing

16348Cap.jpg
TFC Toys has released their first figure in the 6-figure Hercules series. The first figure is Exgraver, who has an uncanny resemblance to a certain construction team member from 26 years ago. Check him out in this review! You can also view the gallery here. Many thanks to forums member Puma for the images and the review!

I wonder when they are all released if they will re-release a full Box Hercules gift set? I should get mine on Monday. I haven't been this giddy about a TF since the FP Bruticus set. :D I am guessing this and the FP figure will drive down the price that the Energon Devastator is going for on eBay. :tflaugh

Thanks for the review and pics. Good job for your first review.

Im so on the fence with this guy.

On one side,

-This looks to be quite the high quality set

-Would be in scale with energon omega "like in g1"

-Offers some very interesting display options

But on the other,

-Wouldn't be in scale with the energon guys FP has upgraded.

-The combined head sculpt seems lacking, It just dont look right without the visor.

-The final price is almost double what I paid for Brave Max on ebay. :S

-We still don't have confirmation that the last 2 limbs will be unique molds and not just copy's of the first 2 with different accessories "cough energon"

Here is my main problem, TFC teased the first 4, almost right after each other. Then just suddenly stopped, almost like "ok, were done with this part, time to finalize them". It doesn't help that at all the displays featuring this set, they have 2 exgravers, one with a proper left and another with a proper right hand. Then for the legs they have 2 of the same bulldozer, one with a specially mirrored hip joint so Hercules can properly stand. It even bothers me more that the TFC has yet to show any artwork or mockups of the final figure. But they had no problem doing this with their other recently announced combiners.

Basically I'm just worried that this is a trick to get people into buying the first 4 figures of the set. Then your stuck with a final figure with duplicate arms and legs. Plus with Maketoys showing the entirety of their devy combined, I just cant help but wonder if this set is worth the risk.

I was actually kind of selfishly hoping that the initial reviews of this guy would be really negative so I could safely ignore the set. Now I'm preparing to break my "No Toy Over $100" rule... SIX TIMES.

order it from Robot Kingdom with Heavylabor and you won't break that rule. Combined shipping shouldn't be too bad.

I was actually kind of selfishly hoping that the initial reviews of this guy would be really negative so I could safely ignore the set. Now I'm preparing to break my "No Toy Over $100" rule... SIX TIMES.

order it from Robot Kingdom with Heavylabor and you won't break that rule. Combined shipping shouldn't be too bad.

Good advice. Should be able to save quite a bit that way.

Normally, I'm able to rationalize away my desire to spend so much on toys, even on things I'd really like to have (City Commander, the Japanese version of MP Rodimus Prime, etc) but this is (Not) Devastator, and I suspect I'm in the same boat as a lot of my fellow fans who've always wanted a Devy to tower over all our other figs, and thus far all we've gotten from Hasbro is an okay repaint of a crappy Energon figure, and that... THING from ROTF.

Good advice. Should be able to save quite a bit that way.

Normally, I'm able to rationalize away my desire to spend so much on toys, even on things I'd really like to have (City Commander, the Japanese version of MP Rodimus Prime, etc) but this is (Not) Devastator, and I suspect I'm in the same boat as a lot of my fellow fans who've always wanted a Devy to tower over all our other figs, and thus far all we've gotten from Hasbro is an okay repaint of a crappy Energon figure, and that... THING from ROTF.

City Commander is nice. i got lucky and preordered that before it became a hot item. I missed out on the first Crossfire set and ended up paying a lot for it after the fact. I'd imagine this set could fetch a lot in the next few years after the whole set is out. not sure how likely a box set of the 6 will be.

Got mine today. Even after the review I have seen, he's larger than I expected. This figure has convinced me to start doing video reviews as well. :D

So this figure is pretty damn awesome. I have to say if Hasbro / Takara stamped their logos and name on this figure, I would have trouble knowing it wasn't made by them.

I am extremely happy with this figure and am very excited for the next 5. The price tag is the only thing I would say is a negative about this figure. My comment is I wish the other gun was Purple or maybe Black. I don't really like the clear red. I'm guessing that is some sort of Homage to the G2 version? Either that or they made use of the extra clear red plastic. I wonder if they will all have 2 sets of weapons like this guy. I have to do some editing on my review then I will share. If this figure is the standard that is set for this set, then I am glad I am on board.

:thumb

Archived