Review: DOTM Voyager Sentinel Prime Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
Unless you're a master of origami, you likely were frustrated when you first transformed the Leader class mold of Sentinel Prime. With all it's individual panels to line up, it was an art form in itself. We're now presented with a smaller Voyager mold that offers a less hectic transform process. Has anything else changed in the downsizing? The answers can be found here.

That is one FUGLY robot mode...as stated the paint apps(lack of) really killed the figure. I mean Red Hands as opposed to the Grey ones in Leader version? Definite pass for me.

You know that all the Mech Tech Weapons use the "universal" 5mm hole, right? So there's a truckload of guns you can give to Leader Sentinel Prime (not just from DotM, but even from G1!) that you can use as his Cosmic Rust gun. :) I just used Bumblebee's Mech Tech gun last time I was playing DotM :)

I also prefer the Leader Class toy, but it's freakin' expensive -- but worth it if you can get it on sale. Although the Leader figure is a female-dog to transform and is very top heavy and isn't the easiest figure to balance. Possible, but not easy!

sentinelprime_actionpose6_crescent.jpg

The lack of a ladder in vehicle mode bugs me about the Voyager though, as well as the lack of paint apps and abundance of Hasbro Gray. (>_>)

But the smaller figures typically offer better value for money -- so I would recommend getting the Leader figure if:

+ You can find it on sale

+ You don't mind fiddly and highly complex transformations (though not as bad as ROTF Leader Optimus Prime)

+ You're aware that it's top heavy

...otherwise go for the Voyager and save yourself some money :)

Somehow I got him right when the DOTM figures were released or at least within the first week. I personally don't really care for him as a figure overall and the only reason I keep him is because I see potential for a custom figure. Because he is a part former he can quite possibly can be used for making my long overdue deluxe triplechanger. I like his Mechtech weapon, because I see it as a cool weapon to put on my Custom Megatron Alt I have sketched out. So overall I think this figure is kind of lame and would not recommend it for people collecting. I don't really like the LC one either because I hate the headsculpt and the shield gimmick.

Archived