This is why you Don't send Big toys in Padded Envelopes

Cybcouncil

Video showed the envelope, the fifty million pieces the toy broke into, and that senders address.

I've had so many bad experiences with toys in envelopes I always request a box when I can. It's too bad you can't really choose with eBay.

Also, some don't seem to realize that the box size and protection matter as well. If the item barely fits, don't use it. Even if it has bubble wrap or something if the figure is right up against the side of the box it can still be harmed by blunt trauma or something poking through. In a larger box, you may need to fill up extra space with paper or something to prevent movement. If it moves hard enough, it could be damaged. This is especially true with older, fragile toys. But don't use paper as the only protection! It doesn't actually protect anything, it just reduces movement. You need to wrap things in bubble wrap if you intend to prevent scratches. Bubble wrap is pretty cheap, and if you've done deals with other people you should have plenty to recycle, anyway.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived