Me fail English? That's unpossible!

Goktimus Prime

Haha, I hadn't seen that one before. So I guess anyone who comes after Preceptor must be Postceptor! :P

This isn't a misspell, but I once saw a guy who kept consistently referring to Blitzwing as "Blitzkreig." And when people told him that it's Blitzwing, he insisted that he was right and the rest of us were wrong. :roll

+Unicron: Unicorn.

It's sad how often I see it happen, even on forums.

One possible reason for this could actually be spell check/correction. I post alot from my phone. It corrects spelling errors automatically. Since it doesn't have Transformer names in it's dictionary I have to enter them as I use them. For example, it used to turn "Optimus" into "optimum", "optimist", and even "option".

Hence why it pays to proof-read before posting! While auto-correct is a very useful tool, ultimately a machine can't language as well as a human. Still, there have been far more embarrassing autocorrect moments, some more hilarious examples of which can be seen here: http://damnyouautocorrect.com/

Then there's the opposite... like the number of people who refer to Battle Unicorn as Battle Unicron. In fact, I just typed Battle Unicorn as "B-A-T-T-L-E-[space]-U-N-I-C-R-[backspace]-O-R-N"! :D :P

I also keep thinking about how kids will say TF names, even though that shouldn't count in this thread. My favorite is Megafron. :)

However, on TFW someone new was asking about Octimus Prime (which I have heard before), but after the other users called him out on it, he revised the post to have the proper name. Octimus Prime is another one I've heard from kids, but up until that post I never saw it online.

And another time, I was watching this show and THEY KEPT CALLING BLURR "WALLY" FOR SOME STUPID REASON :D

Archived