Dejavu?

Rodimus VTS

I couldn't help, but feel a sense of dejavu while watching DOTM. Then I realized what it was they based the space bridge part off of the eps on the old series where Megs wanted to bring Cybertron into earth's orbit to cause environmental turmoil so that larger amounts of energon would be produced, and thus harvested. They even had human slaves in the old eps.

Now granted this movie looked far more realistic, and the betrayal was VERY unexpected, but the space bridge bringing Cybertron to earth really made me think back on the old eps.

There's a couple of plots in the movie that seem to be modified recycles of old G1 episodes. Like the humans voting the Autobots off the planet with the Decepticons planning to sabotage the liftoff.

"The Ultimate Doom" and "Megatron's Master Plan" to be precise. And The Wreckers is obviously named after the special commando team from G1 which Roadbuster and Topspin were originally members of (but not Leadfoot).

Just got back from seeing it today and had the same thoughts. Also, Ironhide died just like in the '86 movie.

I know I'm late to the party, but I live in an area with too many people and a lot of them are a$$holes so I thought I'd wait until Pottermania hit and then see DOTM. Turned out to be a good plan. Anyway, you can't have a "world being destroyed movie" and only show 1 freakin' city.

I'm also tired of Optimus F'ng Prime always needing help to beat the bad guy. He's Optimus F'ng Prime.

And how can you destroy Cyberton? You can't. You.Just.Can't. And then have the Autobot's home destroyed before their eyes and not a single second of reflection? Not a single, "Damn, that sucks"? Now the Autobots are stuck on Earth with no hope of ever returning home. What kind of stories can you write from that? They run around solving human, Earth problems? Who cares?

Sorry for the complaining but nobody in my real life cares about this stuff, so I have no one to rant too.

Cybertron was not destroyed in the space bridge explosion. Just part of it was, it still exists.

Optimus did end up taking Megatron down by himself and then Sentinel

Here's how I see it:

Sam took out Megatron with the Cube in the first one.

Prime needed Jetfire's help to finish off the Fallen.

He needed Megatron's help to finish off Sentinel.

But yes, he did take out a degraded and weakened Megatron who couldn't even keep insects off himself. So I guess there is that.

There's nothing in the movie (that I saw) that could lead one to the conclusion that Cybertron still exists. Maybe the explanation is somewhere online, or in the accompanying graphic novel or whatever, but it's not in the movie.

Wait for inevitable Extended version, which will more then likely clear everything up. Though the novel and comics are suppose to go hand in hand with the movie

I honestly never regarded that as even a portion of Cybertron being destroyed. While there is no actual evidence to support this idea, my take was that what we saw in the movie was a sort of optical illusion generated but the collapse of the space bridges' teleportation field. It was a spatial distortion, kinda like a miragein the desert, as opposed to an actual physical event. If it helps, the novelization of the movie (without giving too much of the books ending away since it is a bit different from the movie I've heard) establishes that there is in fact a Cybertron to return to.

Archived