With Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Breaking Box Office Records, Transformers 3 Will Lose Top Spot This Weekend

Peter_Van

Having DOTM on top spot for 2wks was a good run. But you know Pothead will dominate the next... um... 6wks or so because the fanbase is so feral. Looks like The Cap and Tommy Lee Jones are screwed.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been awhile since there was a good flamewar...

I would be surprised if Harry didn't take the top spot. But it's not like DOTM will just go away. I expect it to stay in the top ten for some time. I really hope Captain America can wrestle #1 away from Harry but I doubt it. Actually I just hope it's an awesome movie. Marvel is got a pretty good thing going so I hope my favorite comic book hero can keep that streak running.

I would be surprised if Harry didn't take the top spot. But it's not like DOTM will just go away. I expect it to stay in the top ten for some time. I really hope Captain America can wrestle #1 away from Harry but I doubt it. Actually I just hope it's an awesome movie. Marvel is got a pretty good thing going so I hope my favorite comic book hero can keep that streak running.

Depending how much DOTM falls this weekend will determine how well Captain America will do next weekend. Ifs there's a noticeably huge drop off, CA will probably come in at 2 next week with DOTM at 3. That's my prediction. I think there's enough kids out there who will drag their parents to see that again over Captain America. He's sadly not as well know with the younger kids as Spider-Man but could easily become a house hold name like Iron Man did.

All i know is i've been waiting for Captain America for years. 1 week away!!

I'm good with this. The success of HP does nothing to detract from the success of DOTM. We're already assured a 4th movie.

My biggest concern is whether or not HP will have a delayed release in China and Japan like DOTM does. If not, it'll be interesting to see these two box office juggernauts go head to head in the orient.

Depending how much DOTM falls this weekend will determine how well Captain America will do next weekend. Ifs there's a noticeably huge drop off, CA will probably come in at 2 next week with DOTM at 3. That's my prediction. I think there's enough kids out there who will drag their parents to see that again over Captain America. He's sadly not as well know with the younger kids as Spider-Man but could easily become a house hold name like Iron Man did.

w00t w00t!

Plus since he's Captain AMERICA he probably doesnt have as much of a draw worldwide. Shouldve been released July 4th.

w00t w00t!

Plus since he's Captain AMERICA he probably doesnt have as much of a draw worldwide. Shouldve been released July 4th.

I hear outside the USA they've dropped the Captain America part of the title and are just calling the movie The First Avenger.

From a marketing standpoint I kind of understand. Alot of people in the international community may have dismissed this film without a second thought based on a title that sounds like American propaganda and it's all about reaching the largest audiences possible to maximize profit. That said, I don't have to like it though.

And if they change the name of the Captain America character in the movie itself to something generic like Avenger I'm going to be pissed. Unless they change it to something like Captain Swoops-in-and-saves-your-asses-when-no-other-country-can-be-bothered-to, uh,... man. That would be okay.

And if they change the name of the Captain America character in the movie itself to something generic like Avenger I'm going to be pissed. Unless they change it to something like Captain Swoops-in-and-saves-your-asses-when-no-other-country-can-be-bothered-to, uh,... man. That would be okay.

Can you imagine seeing THAT on the marquis outside the theater? I'd go see it. XD

originally, the stateside version of the movie was also going to be called The First Avenger: Captain America.

I'm very happy with the decision to reverse that here in the states. Hopefully people over sea's in the countries that still like America are somewhat familiar with he character. I also hope the studios haven't set their sights on insane international numbers and release he may not fare as well as Iron Man or Thor did out there.

Can you imagine seeing THAT on the marquis outside the theater? I'd go see it. XD

Best I could get for now....Working on it :P

marqueeo.jpg

Transformers_Vs_Harry_Potte__scaled_100.jpg
This is it. The final entry to the wizard universe Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 destroyed box office records in the midnight showing alone, cementing that the film is going to take down Transformers Dark of the Moon will lose its two-week reign at the top of the box office. Harry Potter grabbed a box office domestic record of $43.5 million in midnight showings alone compared to the $31.8 million for Transformers 3 in its first full day in theaters. Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

In other news, the sun rose this morning. :tflaugh Did anyone not expect HP to wipe the floor with every other movie out at the moment?

Archived