Custom Animated Series Nightbird and Sisters

Backfire

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=6066&do=view_album&album=1403

I fell in love with the toy mold for Animated Arcee the first time I saw the toy. SO glad that Hasbro FINALLY released a decent version of Arcee after 25+ years!

KO toys showed up with 2 more variants, the Medic and Chromia, blue and green. I spotted those and definitely had to get these little ladies as well. Prime's Angels! I just wish I knew where I put my original Arcee... DOH!

KO toys had this great deal, get all 3 variants for 1 good price, so I immediately thought, CUSTOM!

It's been 27+ years, TIME FOR NIGHT BIRD!!!!

A little work to take the pink KO Arcee apart, primer gray most of the body. A dash of purple and black with a splash of gold and DAMN she looks GOOD!

I posted a comment on KO toys forum but I'm outa storage space to upload. Figured I's share here.

I really like how it turned out, and hope that it inspires the KO makers to try out this color skeme also!

Maybe a nice black and silver paint application?

Forgot to put the wings on in car mode, they are black. Have not decided on the racing stripes yet.

Enjoy!

• 1 year later...

I just discovered the KO blue and Green, I think I am going to buy them for my boy, he hasnt seen the female Autobot ep yet, but if he is anything like me, he is going to want them. I know I did when I was a little boy. In fact the first time I saw kup and Blur in the store on the shelf I was ecstatic because I thought they were the female Autobots, Then I turned the box around and read their files and found out that Kup and Blur were both males LOL. I was saddened that they werent the female Autobots LOL

ONe thing I dont get, if they can change colors why did they keep Arcee the same Dark Pink color, It would have sold more I think had it been more PINK like the show. They could have improved on the Arcee figure by just giving her a more pink/show accurate deco.

Archived