How many Transformers do you have?

Goktimus Prime

Transformers Collection Survey 2011  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How many Transformers do you have? (UCM)

• 100 or less
    • 1000 or more

Thanks for the support, BaCon :)

And I included everything anyway

Wait... does that mean you included everything according to the UCM, or you included everything that you wanted to, including stuff that the UCM excludes??

Because if it's the latter, then you have deliberately contaminated the survey data. I really hope you weren't so immature and malicious as to do something like that on purpose. If you have, please let me know, because it means that I'll have to redo this poll for TFormers all over again (and I'll have to set the polls to public so I can see who's voting on what), or if you have, please tell me which option you voted on so I can manually deduct your vote when I collect the data. Because if you have then I'm going to assume the worse and I'll have to cancel this poll and start a new one again, and everyone who's already voted is going to have to vote again.

I'm sure this isn't the case though, as I can't imagine why any rational adult would do something like that. :) (because if you object to the UCM so strongly, surely you'd just walk away)

I'm assuming that we're all grown-ups here, so unless you say otherwise I'm going to assume that you have counted your toys correctly according to the UCM as best as you could and voted accordingly.

Since last year I've included everything that Transforms that is in my collection, However considering that I have almost 750 and only 4 are KO's 5 are 3rd party.

However your definition of C-6 is different from my definition of C-6. Though only 14 of my figures are incomplete. So that doesn't matter. And I always round down anyway

Most of the stuff you said should not be counted I don't even own anyway.

Whats the point to having Transformers that do not Transform?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If including stuff that the UCM doesn't recognise into your count doesn't effect the way you vote on the poll, then it's a moot point. It only matters if it's going to effect your vote.

So say for example, if you have 742 Transformers according to UCM - that would mean you round your count down to 700 for the poll. But if you have say 9 unlicensed toys and you decide to count them, then that increases your count to 751, which then gets rounded up to 800. If this is the case, then you should be voting on 700 for the poll, not 800.

If on the other hand you have 740 Transformers according to the UCM and you added 9 illegitimate Transformers to your count, making it 749 -- because it's still under 750 you would still be rounding down to 700 and voting accordingly anyway. So in this scenario you can go ahead and include your illegit TFs if you want since it doesn't effect the survey results.

So what I'm saying is that realistically speaking, if violating the rules of the UCM is going to effect the way that you vote in the survey, then you need to not count those toys that are otherwise unfairly altering your count. If the violation does NOT interfere with the way you vote in the survey, then I don't care. Ultimately, I only care if what you're doing is somehow tampering with the survey data - that's all.

However your definition of C-6 is different from my definition of C-6. Though only 14 of my figures are incomplete. So that doesn't matter. And I always round down anyway

The whole "C" system of gauging a toy's condition is highly subjective anyway, don't let anyone tell you different. The basic rule of thumb for the UCM is just to ask yourself, "Is this toy a junker?" If you don't think it's a junker, then fine - count it. Yeah, I know different people have different tolerances for what classifies as a junker or not... but we'd have to come up with like 20 more articles just to define what counts and doesn't count as a junker, and I'm sure you'd agree that the UCM has enough rules as it is! I'll just trust people's judgment to discern what toy they consider is a piece of junk and what's not.

Thats the age old question isn't it Onslaught?

Yet admit it, theres a Mighty Mugg or an Action Master you love :P

.... I'll admit it. MM Shockwave and AM Jackpot.

Sad that those Replica things from ROTF were so god damned aweful. Should've been more like Revoltech.

Edit: Damn Gok, your an accountant or a lawyer or something arent you?

Guys, enough with the trolling/derailing please. Asking questions that seek clarification is fine. Questioning/debating the existing rules is just pointless. People can disagree with certain rules all they want... it's still not going to change anything, so it's just a waste of time.

I'll ask again - please refrain from posting such comments/questions. If you see someone do it, please don't reply - instead, just report to board staff. I'm not going to ask again - any further attempts to troll this thread will be immediately reported. Thank you.

Edit: Damn Gok' date=' your an accountant or a lawyer or something arent you? [/quote']

I wish! Then I'd have more money for Transformers! :D

I'm not trolling. Just trying to have a conversation. Which I guess is accidentally derailing. I'll leave, yeesh.

I'm just very opinionated, and its obviously being taken the wrong way. Don't worry this is my last post in this thread.

And shut up Breaker :P

I'm not trolling. Just trying to have a conversation. Which I guess is accidentally derailing. I'll leave, yeesh.

You weren't initially trolling - as I said, your previous question about the Kre-Os was fine as it was seeking clarificaton. But please refrain from replying to another user's attempt at derailing this thread. Thank you.

I'm just very opinionated, and its obviously being taken the wrong way.

It's not that -- this just isn't the appropriate place for you to be voicing those opinions, especially when everyone has been told not to! That's like an opinionated atheist walking into a Church and starts debating religion and how all the Christians there are praying to their imaginary friend. The parishioner then asks the opinionated atheist to take his opinions elsewhere, but he refuses, and others join in his bandwagon.

The atheist in this story is fully entitled to his opinions, but a Church just isn't the appropriate place to be voicing those opinions. And when the parishioner tells the atheist to stop voicing his opinions in the church, and he refuses... that's disrespectful to the church and the parishioner and the church congregation. Just because this atheist strongly disagrees with those Christians, does NOT give him the right to walk into their church, interrupt their service and start imposing his beliefs over theirs in a way that disrupts their activity.

And that's basically what's happened here. If you want to voice your opinions about the UCM or the survey project... yeah, go ahead and do it. Just NOT IN THIS THREAD. I've repeatedly invited you to PM me with any burning questions or comments rather than continuing to derail this thread. Number of PMs I've received from you to date: 0. You can go ahead and make your own thread to discuss/debate the UCM and poll project if you want. You didn't have to continue trolling this thread, especially after being repeatedly asked not to do so. It's like the parishioner inviting the atheist to have a private chat after the service is finished outside of the church... but the atheist refuses and keeps on ranting inside the church hall.

Welcome to TFormers, besides you didn't have your second thread open for the discussion part. And you really should invite discussion especially in polls and surveys

Though I do have one question for you

I have 4 G1 Optimus Prime's I counted 4 yet they are the same but different

1 - Hasbro Optimus Prime

2 - Takara Convoy

3 - New Years Convoy

4 - French boxed G1 Optimus Prime

would you not count that as 4?

Bro I have a G1 Soundwave, an Encore Soundwave, a Reissue Soundwave, a TRU Commemorative Soundwave and a 25th Anniversary Soundwave. Is that 5 or just 1 because it's the same mold? Or 2 because technically the tape door was remolded after G1? Because if they only count as 1 or 2 then my vote may be slightly... wrong.

This is not a freakin troll post. Im asking a question thankyouverymuch.

I'll shut up for you Onslaught. But Only. This. ONE. Time. :P

I have 4 G1 Optimus Prime's I counted 4 yet they are the same but different

1 - Hasbro Optimus Prime

2 - Takara Convoy

3 - New Years Convoy

4 - French boxed G1 Optimus Prime

would you not count that as 4?

Yes, they count as four because as ARTICLE09 states, variants count. Even if you had four of the exact same version of G1 Optimus Prime, they would still count as four because ARTICLE10 states that multiples count anyway.

Archived