How many Transformers do you have?

Goktimus Prime

Transformers Collection Survey 2011  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How many Transformers do you have? (UCM)

• 100 or less
    • 1000 or more

Sorry but where is the link to your website that houses this thing?

IAnd people are going to count how they want to count, you should know no one is going to follow 100% your method

People can count however they want outside of this survey. For the purposes of this survey people must count according to the UCM. Until now people have always been either willing to participate and therefore abide by the rules, or dislike the whole concept and thus choose to opt out. I'm fine with either one - it's your choice. You're the first person I've come across since this project began who seems to want to participate in the survey but NOT follow the rules. I've never had anyone ever tell me before that they're going to partake in the survey but not follow the rules. What's the point of participating then?

If you choose to partake in this survey, you hereby accept the terms and conditions.

The UCM was a community decided and discussed method that originated on TFans.

Well, it originated across several different communities simultaneously, but TFans was one of them. :)

I'd request a topic split to take these "discussion" posts and make a "UCM Discussion Thread" instead. But likely, further years should have your 3 threads as Poll only, and then make a Discuss thread. So have four threads like this:

How many TF you have 2011 (under 100) poll only

How many TF you have 2011 (100-999) poll only

How many TF you have 2011 (1000+) poll only

Annual UCM Discussion Thread 2011

Something like that.

That's not a bad idea.

Edit: A thread for further discussion and questions about the annual survey and UCM has been set up here. Please direct all further questions and comments on this thread. Also, do read the FIRST POST very carefully and thoroughly to avoid asking questions that are already answered there (as most questions raised here have been).

This thread hasn't been labelled "2011" because I find every year someone asks the same questions - and most of those questions are already answered in the Preamble. This year I've included an "FAQ" which covers even more. But anyway, what I'll do is bump that thread each year when the poll is done, so people can read it and hopefully we'll not have the same questions being asked again next year!! :)

Shouldnt this be done after DOTM winds down? Or at the end of the year maybe?

A census is always just a 'snap shot' anyway. This time of year is just more convenient for me - and it's a lot of effort because I do this across several different communities, then I have to collate the data etc etc.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing I have like 20 loose Scrapmetals alone, I'd say over 1000 is most likely.

I've collected no worse that 90-95% of every line since Beast Wars. Add to that imports, exclusives, extras, customs and a bunch (not a ton) from g1 through Beast Wars.

The only thing I really haven't gotten in full on is repaints. Some I get, some I don't. However I tend to get at least one of all of the original molds.

I've already repeatedly told you to stop trolling this thread. You may either ask questions about the UCM to me via Private Message or use the dedicated thread that's just been set up for you to ask questions. Please STOP derailing this thread.

As Post #1 already states:

:alert Please do NOT troll this thread by posting any criticisms or vents against the Universal Counting Method or the annual poll project, or how much you disagree with the UCM rules etc. -- if you don't like this sort of thing, then just walk away from this thread. :deadhorse

Participation is voluntary - but if you choose to "play the game" then you need to stick by the rules of the game. If you don't like the rules, then don't play.

Thank you. :)

Do not reply to this post here. The best way for me to answer this particular question is actually via PM because the answer isn't appropriate for public viewing. Thank you.

PLEASE keep it mellow fellows. If you're not down with the system don't participate. Sadly, this has been gone over soooooo many times. Look at it this way. It has been defined to the degree it has so he can get on with the counting. Heck, if you have too. Count your own way and just give him your numbers. :P

Got it BaCon, just trying to get it opened up more.

And I included everything anyway

And I'm done here

Thanks for the support, BaCon :)

And I included everything anyway

Wait... does that mean you included everything according to the UCM, or you included everything that you wanted to, including stuff that the UCM excludes??

Because if it's the latter, then you have deliberately contaminated the survey data. I really hope you weren't so immature and malicious as to do something like that on purpose. If you have, please let me know, because it means that I'll have to redo this poll for TFormers all over again (and I'll have to set the polls to public so I can see who's voting on what), or if you have, please tell me which option you voted on so I can manually deduct your vote when I collect the data. Because if you have then I'm going to assume the worse and I'll have to cancel this poll and start a new one again, and everyone who's already voted is going to have to vote again.

I'm sure this isn't the case though, as I can't imagine why any rational adult would do something like that. :) (because if you object to the UCM so strongly, surely you'd just walk away)

I'm assuming that we're all grown-ups here, so unless you say otherwise I'm going to assume that you have counted your toys correctly according to the UCM as best as you could and voted accordingly.

I wasn't trolling. Just curious. I'm interested in seeing how much of a rise there will be from this year to next (it should show how much the fandom bought into DOTM).

Mine hasn't changed. I've only gotten a handful of figures since the last one.

One more question because I didn't see it in the initial post. Would Kre-O count? I could understand if they didn't. But they do transform (via a different means). And my guess is that Kreons would probably fit along with Mighty Muggs or Bearbricks and therefor not count.

I think that's a fair question. All questions seeking clarification under existing rules are acceptable. :)

Kre-Os "non-mainline" Transformers, much like Built-To-Rule Transformers from Armada, and thus don't count under Article 12.

Archived