Editorial - Why Don Murphy Suggesting Another Transformers Trilogy But Not a Reboot Makes Sense

Peter_Van

You know, for the same argument that's made about children seeing the movies, could be said for any other PG-13 movie with toy tie ins. Oh hey, Batman... Remember that scene where he broke the gangsters leg while questioning him in the Dark Knight? Or in the prior one where he terrorized a thug? Oh hey, Jurrasic Park, man those toys I just bought my kid sure did eat the crap outta everyone.

Raping of childhoods, well, a movie you saw as an adult has no effect on a childhood. Maybe man children, but still... Hissy fits don't change the cold hard facts of profit.

Also, like I said, if you don't like it's. That's understandable and in your right. But also remember as much as you dislike it, somebody else might and they'll defend it just as much as you'll damn it. That's their right and no matter what, nobody gets to change that.

Something just occurred to me, nobody ever complains when OP mowed down those Decepticons in the 86 movie. You know, when I play WFC and I'm playing OP, sure seems like a lot of killing. Lots of killing. But in the movie, shit hits the fan...

I made the point about the '86 movie and how cheap life seemed to be in that one days ago in the "Is Movie Optimus More Sadistic Than Megatron?". I haven't seen the movie in forever but could've sworn Optimus killed Megatron in that one too. Tripredacus corrected me in that Optimus apparently only beat the he'll out of him. I stand by the idea of that post though. There was alot of death in their (again if I remember correctly) you never do hear people complain about, much less it's impact on their "chilhood".

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the 1252nd time, the reason I don't personally enjoy the Bay TF movies has nothing to do with their quarter century old source material. It is because they are poorly made(aside from the effects), incompetently written, ill conceived, incoherent garbage.

The exuberance of my interest in this franchise has (and I'm not proud of it) bordered on mental illness for decades. That same franchise has a live action film in theaters at this moment that I have zero interest in seeing.

If you'd asked me 6 years ago how worthless a Transformer movie and/or sequel would have to be to evoke my current disdain for a related live action TF movie, I'd have told you that it was impossible. That no movie/s could be that bad.

I stand corrected.

Except there was no voyager mold of Bumblebee in 2007 :doh

Damnit. I can never keep the ($@!ing classes straight. There's no logical progression. WTF is "Voyager" supposed to mean anyway? It enjoys boating? It's going to go on for 5 more seasons that it warrants? Who comes up with this crap?

Wow! Who knew this was going to stir a whole 6 pages!?

Anyway, this is a really great discussion and I am glad you guys were able to do it in a civilized way.

I really don't think Hasbro cares whether or not Bay raped your childhood, since what you once thought happened in your childhood, was actually something completely different (did anybody ever see the holiday special of It's Always Sunny?).

Regardless of what the fans might think, or say, the insane amounts of money the third film has made so far is incredible. Money talks in the movie industry, so it will never go away.

Damnit. I can never keep the ($@!ing classes straight. There's no logical progression. WTF is "Voyager" supposed to mean anyway? It enjoys boating? It's going to go on for 5 more seasons that it warrants? Who comes up with this crap?

Oh Ender, how we missed thee.

:agree

It's the money that is saying we all love it, Regardless of a few fanboys. I've said it before Hasbro, Bay and Paramount don't care what the normal Transformers Fan says or likes. What is important is the money that is being generated and as long as the money keeps rolling in the more Transformer swill revolved around the Movie Verse and the more movies they will make.

As far as the movie verse goes though, I'm loving the fresh feel and new take, along with some of the best molds ever made (ROTF LC Optimus Prime, LC Starscream, Brawl, Skyhammer) the only part I don't like is when they repaint figures from other lines and insert them into the Move Verse toyline like the following

Cybertron Jetfire as Jetstrom

Classi'cs Mirage as Fracture

or the obvious Generations figures tossed into the HFTD line

Wreck-Gar

Jazz

G2 Prime

Makes it a pain as to where to stick them on the shelf, but they always end up in the Classics Universe 2.0 shelf.

:agree

It's the money that is saying we all love it, Regardless of a few fanboys. I've said it before Hasbro, Bay and Paramount don't care what the normal Transformers Fan says or likes. What is important is the money that is being generated and as long as the money keeps rolling in the more Transformer swill revolved around the Movie Verse and the more movies they will make.

As far as the movie verse goes though, I'm loving the fresh feel and new take, along with some of the best molds ever made (ROTF LC Optimus Prime, LC Starscream, Brawl, Skyhammer) the only part I don't like is when they repaint figures from other lines and insert them into the Move Verse toyline like the following

All of the Bumblebee toys don't make it feel like that sometimes.

Is there a term for really wanting to say something, but really NOT wanting to say anything at the same time? Would that be considered ambivalence? I'm not really sure.

If you can think of the word for this you'll have a word for why I haven't participated further in this thread.

But what I CAN say is that... this?

This is the funniest thing I've read all day, two days in a row. :rofl XD!

Archived