Dino ?

Blaz

Perhaps it's a double homage. Because as TFwiki points out, Q provides Bond with equipment and gadgets, just as Que does in DotM.

WHEELJACK!!

photocomic_lasermagnus09.jpg

photocomic_lasermagnus10.jpg

photocomic_lasermagnus11.jpg

photocomic_lasermagnus12.jpg

photocomic_lasermagnus13.jpg

photocomic_lasermagnus14.jpg

photocomic_lasermagnus15.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, regardless of potential homage, supposedly funny/clever inside jokes, or potential car company endorsement deals, I'm with the crowd who regards "Dino" and "Que" as nicknames. These characters bore the names Wheeljack and Mirage in both the DOTM prequel game and the IDW prequel comics. This in addition to the Mirage car (a speed star I believe) speak to the intent of the larger creative forces behind the movie-verse as a whole, not just the movie property itself.

I would like to know who came up with the nicknames and for what purpose though.

i agree with jason. i just look at them as nicknames.. especially for mirage.

however.. i like the name dino. and after seeing the movie three times.. i think the name really fits the character.

plus. when the original 80's transformers movie came out, there were new characters. so i don't mind the movie creating new characters for a new generation, just as long as they keep some of the old ones. which in my opinion, is what they accomplished.

i really liked dino, his vehicle is awesome, his robot mode is sleek, his head looks great, and his weapons are very cool. (here's hoping for a human alliance version!!!)

Did you play the DOTM game yet? Dino/Mirage is the main character of Chapter 3. It's one of the better chapters in the game and shows off the character in a way they didn't get the chance to in the movie.

Archived