Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Stays On Top This Weekend, Hits $645 million Worldwide

BaCon

Conclusion, people liked the first Transformers movie a lot, and rightfully so all things considered; even I saw it twice in the theater. So, the people were confident and went to see Revenge of the Fallen. That movie sucked ass, and I'm sure most people knew this and stayed away from this one. The trailers for DOTM did convince enough people that this movie could be worth their time, even if it is kind of goofy, but ROTF still hurt DOTM.

Thats what I'm thinking as well, but what about Megan Fox.... Yeah, I know some people don't like her for whatever reasons they have, but that didn't keep anyone from watching the previous 2 movies. There are people out there who watch crappy movies with actors they like. For example, Jonah Hex. I didn't watch that movie cuz it looked stupid, but I'm sure a fraction of the people who did (My cousin being one of them), only watched it cuz of Fox. There was also Pamela Anderson in Barb Wire....

Maybe it being a holiday weekend also played a part. Familys going on trips, camping, or whatever.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Bay take the camera off of her posterior long enough to tell Fox wasn't in this movie?

Did Bay take the camera off of her posterior long enough to tell Fox wasn't in this movie?

Not for the first 5 minutes she's in the movie. And Wheelie (and the mom) just makes a mention of how the last one dumped "us". It's acceptable, I was more worried that they'd take 30 minutes to explain it or something.

Not for the first 5 minutes she's in the movie. And Wheelie (and the mom) just makes a mention of how the last one dumped "us". It's acceptable, I was more worried that they'd take 30 minutes to explain it or something.

wow, exaggeration is running rampant. it was on it as she's walking up the steps for like 10 seconds, if that.

i just saw this movie again. so i've seen it twice so far. and i love it. i love prime in the movie. he's so bad ass. sentinel is awesome, megatron is awesome. i would go on, but i don't want to spoil anything.

anyways. it's so sad once the credits hit that we aren't going to see shia in another transformers movie. i think this was his best performance yet.

i love this movie.

Not that this isn't a boatload of dough, but these number comparisons start to lose meaning when you have a SIX DAY opening weekend.

It's just silly.

:agree

They should only used the Fri-Sun takes. Otherwise, it has an unfair advantage on other films.

op-money.jpg
To say that Transformers Dark of the Moon is a financial success is an understatement. Paramount Pictures released new numbers for the film's box office performance, and it has hit an astounding $204.4 million domestically in just eight days plus the Tuesday night previews in 3D and IMAX 3D. Currently, Dark of the Moon is sitting comfortably in between the box office performances of Transformers Revenge of the Fallen and Transformers, which earned $239.4 million and $173.6 million within the same time period, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

I didn't know China and Japan hadn't premiere this yet. That's an awfully big market. I can't wait to see what that does for the box office receipts.

transformers-dark-of-the-moon%20(01)__scaled_100.jpg
Despite a strong showing of the R-rated comedy Horrible Bosses, Transformers Dark of the Moon continues to dominate the top spot, grossing an estimate $47 million in the Friday to Sunday period. Horrible Bosses grabbed an estimated $28.1 million, a good start for an R-rated film. With its new weekend total, the film has grossed approximately $261 million in just twelve days, putting Transformers Dark of the Moon at the top spot for 2011, surpassing Hangover II. Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

Archived