Is movie Optimus Prime more sadistic than movie Megatron?

PuertoRiCON

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot about the 20 or Decepticons and Shockwave he took out on his killing spree in Chicago!

Haven't seen the movie yet, I just know he kills Sentinel Prime and Megatron in DOTM. I'm waiting for a bootleg copy to show up at the haji shop here in Iraq

You know once Optimus becomes a true bad ass people complain he is being sadistic

Optimus's Body Count

Bonecrusher

Demolisher

Grindor

Megatron (severly damaged)

The Fallen

Sentinel Prime

Megatron

Yeah. I know.

Is anybody even remotely prepared for a repeat of the MURDER! thread?

In all seriousness, though: what, exactly, was Optimus supposed to do? It was established early on in the Bayverse continuity that Cybertronians are very difficult to kill. Optimus Prime has modified his physicality heavily over the millenia to do just that. He is a war machine fighting a war against impossibly an impossibly resilient lifeform. He executed Sentinel, but Sentinel made his decision by turning on the Autobot cause, Optimus and endangering every lifeform on the planet Earth. He made a decision and had to live--or die--with it.

Why would Optimus let him live? Would his own TROOPS even support any other decision, after what Sentinel did to Ironhide? Bumblebee saw a couple of comrades executed right before his eyes.

His mechanations with the Decepticons compromised the planet, an untold number of innocents died and he lied. His intentions towards humanity were not far off from what Megaton's. This isn't even about Optimus being a badass. Why would anyone think that war was anything but brutally ugly?

You are right in every way, sentinel had it coming as soon as he turned his weapon on ironhide. There was gonna be no way the autobots would accept anything other then his death. He really did deserve his death. Prime is brutal with a cause, he is a powerful leader that is all, he does anything to get the job done, including taking faces.

This isn't even about Optimus being a badass. Why would anyone think that war was anything but brutally ugly?

I can definitely back that up about war,

Optimus may being doing all this, but he isn't proud of what he has to do

I can't underline the following fact enough:

Optimus Prime taking on Cybertronians is Optimus Prime meeting force with force on an equal footing. They are members of his own race and follow the same physical rules that he does, with more or less the same physical limitations. In other words, the fight is not necessarily an unfair one. Optimus took on 'bots that were of his stature or greater.

Sentinel and Megs mechanations and their joint ENDORSEMENT of the slaughter of humans (if not their active participation) is another story entirely, and I'm somewhat surprised that the question of Optimus' perceived overzealousness in personal combat is even being raised. It wasn't just the wanton slaughter of humans. It was the prolonged campaign to sow despair and sorrow. The Decepticons ENJOYED what they were doing (that is my perception of the events in DOTM as they took place), Bayverse Megs has a long history of extreme hatred and antipathy toward humanity and the two dovetailed in perfect symmetry. Megatron didn't just want death to his enemies--human and Autobot--alike. He wanted his enemies to die screaming, in the worst ways possible. Well, those are sociopathic tendencies...which would render this thread moot. Optimus can be perceived as a lot of things, but he cannot be perceived as a sociopath, unless the individual conducting the analysis has failed to shelve his/her personal bias.

Further bolstering the theory of a merciless campaign to cruelly demoralize the enemey: Megatron took the Autobots' greatest hero. His corrupt fellowship thereon led the Autobot's greatest hero to murder the Autobots most battle-hardened and possibly most respected warrior in the cruellest way a warrior of that caliber could ever imagine: via cold deceipt and in the back. And you saw the Autobots lose hope at one point. I know this is a basic wartime tactic, but: anyone who cannot imagine Megatron taking an inordinate amount of glee in that is fooling themselves.

The fact that Megatron directed so much of this behind the scenes, waging war and destruction and genocide from afar without the blood getting on his own hands makes him truly evil and, yes...an enthusiastic student of the art of sadism.

Optimus is a battle-hardened warrior doing what he must to stop an enemy.

Megatron takes pleasure in the carnage.

There is no similarity between the two.

the decepticons are only trying to get what they want so they can leave and the autobots keep f*ing up for them. its alot like watching avatar into which side are u really on.. the aliens or the humans..??

the decepticons are only trying to get what they want so they can leave and the autobots keep f*ing up for them. its alot like watching avatar into which side are u really on.. the aliens or the humans..??

im on the side which doesnt want to have its's planet stripped of resources, be enslaved..or have it's sun taken away?..I like our sun. :tflaugh But really..those decepticons are just douche bags.

Archived