Review - Transformers Dark of the Moon

Peter_Van

4th movie? How can there be a rumor when we all know #3 was the last in this line and nobody plans to do a TF4?

I mean....The Decepticons are all dead now. Megatron, Hellscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, Barricade, The Fallen, all the grunts. Dead!

Unicron can't fill a storyline on his own!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, but Unicron CAN resurrect whoever he sees fit ala Galvatron. Maybe we can even get some Cyclonus and Scourge as well as some of the earlier G1 goodness we haven't seen yet like Blitzwing, Astrotrain, or any of the 5 seekers that never got a movie appearance.

Starscream can become Galvatron LOL

Nah but with Jason Statham, you know it will be more serious and car chases would truly be wild. Maybe this is 50 years from now or something and they bring in the season 3 crew along with Headmasters. I could so see Jason be the partner of Chromedome or go Powermaster instead with Getaway.

Jason will bring a whole new dimension to everything, Hopefully Peter Cullen will still be the voice of Prime

4th movie? How can there be a rumor when we all know #3 was the last in this line and nobody plans to do a TF4?

I mean....The Decepticons are all dead now. Megatron, Hellscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, Barricade, The Fallen, all the grunts. Dead!

Unicron can't fill a storyline on his own!

Hasbro, Bay, and the studios all mentioned a fourth before DotM was even released. Don Murphy said before 07 came out, that the plan was for an ongoing series.

Did you miss the part where all the surviving Decepticons were space bridged away, like Cybertron?

Also, when has death ever stopped Transformers?

Jason Statham as a grown-up Sam? WTF? That is BEYOND dumb! Dont get me wrong, Im a huge HUGE fan of Statham but I wouldnt buy him for a second as Sam in __ years. I dont think he would be that much of a hardass or develop a lite british accent. That said, if he became a main human military character or better yet Rodimus Prime then Id be in full approval mode. OR, if Galvatron were portrayed more as a younger upstart type of character (kind of like a Decepticon Rodimus) then that might work too.

i don't think Statham is going to play a grown up Sam. That would indeed be dumb. However, him playing a British agent with their own set of Transformers would work for me. Why wouldn't the studio just make up new villains like hasbro does with every cartoon they've released since G1? It would make sense to me. Trying to do Headmasters or any other type of Masters would be a giant ass pill to try and shove down the throats of the 98% of the audience watching these movies who have no idea about the Masters. I would imagine a Unicron movie trilogy might be more feasible but who knows.

From Don Murphy's mouth

What happens next? Certainly not a reboot. We haven't lost the Transformers. They didn't grow up or become expensive like Toby Maguire. I don't know what happens next. I'm pretty sure there will be a second trilogy. I am pretty sure it will kick ass. And I am pretty sure some of you will hate it because it wasn't all bots."

So there you go, there will be no reboot, but work on a 2nd Trilogy. Looks like the movieverse look is here to stay, thankfully

Credit Don Murphy

From Don Murphy's mouth

What happens next? Certainly not a reboot. We haven't lost the Transformers. They didn't grow up or become expensive like Toby Maguire. I don't know what happens next. I'm pretty sure there will be a second trilogy. I am pretty sure it will kick ass. And I am pretty sure some of you will hate it because it wasn't all bots."

So there you go, there will be no reboot, but work on a 2nd Trilogy. Looks like the movieverse look is here to stay, thankfully

Credit Don Murphy

i saw that this morning. I thought it was funny. I don't mind the look of the movieverse. I just wish the writing was better. Hopefully it will be with a new director.

Yep.

A reboot would be a bad business move. These movies make a killing, a literal ton of money, and a few unhappy fanboys isn't going to change that. A new direction would be a soft reboot and what the series would need. I'm hoping for a NEST centered plot, I'd think that would make the most sense and make room for new characters. Shia was fun and all, but at this point the story shouldn't logically be about a boy and his car. Hell, that was even hinted at in DotM.

Oohh, Straxus or Jhiaxus would make a great villain for something like this. I mean, Megatron and his Decepticons have failed. A new tyrant steps in...

This is where they screwed up with Shockwave, should have killed off Megatron, then have Shockwave step in as the new bad ass villain. It will be interesting to see who is brought in as the new main villain, and if they keep Optimus or kill him off and replace him with Ultra Magnus or hopefully Rodimus Prime

Archived