Review - Transformers Dark of the Moon

Peter_Van

imax-3d-transformers-dark-of-the-moon__scaled_100.jpg
As a Transformers fan and as someone who really wanted this to be a good movie, what I am about to say next is very hard for me. Transformers: Dark of the Moon is the worst movie I have seen all summer and possibly all year. However, what the movie lacks in any kind of well-thought out story or character development, it tries to compensate for with all-out action and special effects. For the most part, this is where the movie shines the most, especially in the last half of the movie. Read the full review.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, read the review and I must say, outside or Roger Eberts negative review, this is the only other bad review I have read about the film. From 3 positive Aintitcool review, to a positive review on Seibertron.com along with a positive review on IGN.com.....I have a feeling the reviewer either went in with something against this film before the lights turned off in the movie theater or just is too much a critic of the Transformers movie franchise as made by Bay and Co.

I read the novelization, and although I had a few problems with parts of it

(Shockwave characterization, or lack-thereof, Megatron not killing anyone not named Abraham Lincoln's statue, the ending)

, it read like a decent script/movie.

I'm going into this film without expectations, already knowing the overall plot of it due to reading the novelization. I don't expect a Transformers film to be Oscar material, not saying the reviewer does. I am however looking forward to seeing an action packed summer popcorn movie. There were many parts of ROTF that made me cringe, and of the reviews I read (outside of Ebert's and this reviewers) gave examples of those cringe worthy elements seen in ROTF being absent from this film.

I'm looking forward to seeing the film either tomorrow night or Friday with an mind. I remember when ROTF came out, someone made a thread title "By the Gods that was Awesome!".....which, after many viewings from the overall TFans populace can be argued against.....We'll see.

Ok, read the review and I must say, outside or Roger Eberts negative review, this is the only other bad review I have read about the film. From 3 positive Aintitcool review, to a positive review on Seibertron.com along with a positive review on IGN.com.....I have a feeling the reviewer either went in with something against this film before the lights turned off in the movie theater or just is too much a critic of the Transformers movie franchise as made by Bay and Co.

I read the novelization, and although I had a few problems with parts of it

(Shockwave characterization, or lack-thereof, Megatron not killing anyone not named Abraham Lincoln's statue, the ending)

, it read like a decent script/movie.

I'm going into this film without expectations, already knowing the overall plot of it due to reading the novelization. I don't expect a Transformers film to be Oscar material, not saying the reviewer does. I am however looking forward to seeing an action packed summer popcorn movie. There were many parts of ROTF that made me cringe, and of the reviews I read (outside of Ebert's and this reviewers) gave examples of those cringe worthy elements seen in ROTF being absent from this film.

I'm looking forward to seeing the film either tomorrow night or Friday with an mind. I remember when ROTF came out, someone made a thread title "By the Gods that was Awesome!".....which, after many viewings from the overall TFans populace can be argued against.....We'll see.

hopefuly, all the positive critics you pointed out are right and i will enjoy this movie. i'm on the way to the theater to make sure i get a decent seat with my pals! i'll be sure to post my thoughts in 5 hours.

despite what critics say about this movie, i could care less. when the time comes for me to see this film, i intend to go watching it with an open mind and the all-out excitement of seeing some CGI robots beat the shit out of each other. i never really cared for the story of the movies, i was just in it for all the robots. whether the movie turns out great or bad, i'm still a fan.

despite what critics say about this movie, i could care less. when the time comes for me to see this film, i intend to go watching it with an open mind and the all-out excitement of seeing some CGI robots beat the shit out of each other. i never really cared for the story of the movies, i was just in it for all the robots. whether the movie turns out great or bad, i'm still a fan.

From what is being said about how much screen time some of your CGI robots have in this movie, DOTM sucks on that level as well.

While I agree with your other points of the film, I do have to ask if you have seen RottenTomatoes percentage of the film, which currently stands at 36%. While not nearly as bad as the 20% for ROTF, it's still mostly negative (although the film got a better rating, so far, than the Green Lantern and Cars 2).

I am also going into the film without expecting much more than giant robots beating the crap out of the each other. That is how I actually approach every summer film.

Also, I would not say Jay has anything against Bay and Co from the get-go. He even states right off the bat of his review that as a Transformers fan, his review kind of hurt to write.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, as you are yours.

Archived