Dear Mr. Bay,

Nemesis Prime 2K

I think the absolute best case scenario would be a series of natural disasters that would kill most if not all humans leaving a broken mudball to (possibly) mine resources from. You'd have earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes erupting, and very possibly a drastic shift in Earth's magnetic poles. The result would be akin to Haiti times 1000. Anyone unfortunate enough to survive would most likely witness Earth settle into an uncomfortable orbit as a moon of Cybertron. Depending on how drastically this would shift the Earth in proximity to the sun everyone left alive could very well bake or freeze to death.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well considering that Cybertron is not the size of Jupiter, and is only about the size of Earth itself. It is possible for it to co exist with Earth at a La Grange Point. Sorry but science does back it up as being plausible. The other possibility here one that I doubt, was Megatron and Sentinel planning on merging Cybertron with Earth. This is highly unlikely as it would have caused the destruction of both planets. It has also been known that Cybertron is actually smaller then Earth itself. So if Cybertron were brought into the orbit of Earth and placed into a moon like orbit at a La Grange Point. The least thing Cybertron would cause is tidal movements. much like how the Moon affects Earth. It's all gravity

I am curious where you got the idea that Cybertron was the size of Jupiter if not larger? and Jupiter is actually a small planet compared to many of the exo planets found in the Galaxy :P

Especially when it has been known that Cybertron is smaller then Earth, So really the huge damge would be when Cybertron was actually brought through all the way until it settled into its place in the solar system. So really all that would occur is massive natural disasters on a scale never seen before. then it would settle into its own orbit.

You would still have survivors, we are very good at that as a species,

Now Jetfire as far as you saying "that science backs up everything in them is almost as illogical as saying that science supports the existence of God"

I have studied Physics, Quantum Mechanics, and Astronomy. And I can say even in my amateur knowledge that everything about bringing Cybertron to Earth is plausible. Einstein's Theory of Realativity and his Theory of Special Relativity makes all of it possible. Look it up and tell me Einstein was wrong :P

I meant to say the size of saturn. Which is the 2nd largest planet in the solar system. In old marvel G1 it said cybertron was the size of saturn. I just don't agree. I think if a planet that size came into our orbit it would be worse. It dosent take me out of the movie_it is science fiction

I can see that, but at the same time, in the G1 Cartoon, Cybertron was a little bigger then the moon. Got to love different Continuities. But for the movie verse, Cybertron is about the same size as Earth. So it does not break the known laws of Physics

I agree with Jason X -- the cartoon was more plausible with Cybertron being transported to Earth with the intention of destroying Earth and harvesting the energy from its destruction. The size of Cybertron varies between (and within :P) canonical sources - it has been shown to be as small as Earth's moon to being nearly as big as Jupiter (well, 23000km short of being as big as Jupiter :P)

I also stumbled across this video - the first Transformers movie in 2 minutes. I think it fairly concisely and accurately describes all that is good and bad about the live action films. ;)

I agree with Jason X -- the cartoon was more plausible with Cybertron being transported to Earth with the intention of destroying Earth and harvesting the energy from its destruction. The size of Cybertron varies between (and within :P) canonical sources - it has been shown to be as small as Earth's moon to being nearly as big as Jupiter (well, 23000km short of being as big as Jupiter :P)

I also stumbled across this video - the first Transformers movie in 2 minutes. I think it fairly concisely and accurately describes all that is good and bad about the live action films. ;)

This is is about hte science of it being plausible now gok, please read the whole conversation next time

I don't know, Gok. You have to admit Lord Onslaught seems to have the science down on this one. I think he makes a good argument don't you? I mean, I was working off the idea that Cybertron outside Earth by a good bit, but if it's really only supposed to be the size of our moon than that changes the whole deal. I know I'd be hard pressed to argue against Einstein....

Archived