Jim Shooter on Secret Origin of the Transformers: Discuss All Parts In Here!

BaCon

jim-shooter__scaled_100.jpg
Then Editor in Chief of Marvel Comics, Jim Shooter, give us what many have been waiting decades for. The real story behind the creation of the Transformers series. There's more than meets the eye to how these transforming robots came to be. Surprisingly, the genesis of the idea was not even Hasbro's, but another toy company they had just acquired. Jim gives us part 1 of this story that introduces us to the concept and how it really began, who named Optimus Prime and more that you can read in Part 1 now at jimshooter.com

This is a great read, fun fact, Marchon did release the Msyterions at some point. Yeah, not very impressive toys.

This is a great read, fun fact, Marchon did release the Msyterions at some point. Yeah, not very impressive toys.

Interesting. Are the called "Mystrians"? That was the only TFing bot toys I could find by Marchon. TF'ing hilarious tho. Horrible name + incredible suckage = :awsum

More pics: http://3rd.geocities.jp/gsahs2010/hobby_kako_top54.htm

mysterians23.jpg

comic79__scaled_100.jpg
Jim Shooter, the Editor in Chief of Marvel Comics back in the day, started posting about the Secret Origin of Transformers this week, and now Part 2 has been published on his blog. While yesterday covered the idea of the toyline that we all know and love, part 2 covers the Marvel Comics Era and the treachery that was afoot. To read the full story, head over to JimShooter.com. Read the Full News Story Here

Interesting. Are the called "Mystrians"? That was the only TFing bot toys I could find by Marchon. TF'ing hilarious tho. Horrible name + incredible suckage = :awsum

More pics: http://3rd.geocities.jp/gsahs2010/hobby_kako_top54.htm

mysterians23.jpg

Yep, that's them. Makes you wonder what could have been huh?

This is a really good read. I can't wait for the next installment!

Thank the Matrix, things turned out the way they did. If this was the crap that came out in the 80's instead of what we all love, who knows what I'd be into now. I could have been a gobots fan. (yuck)

Holy crap!!! I didn't realize until clicking on the link for the pics that I owned every single Mysterian! Between these and my Rock Lords I think my parents bought me anything that transformed into a robot.

Archived