Encore 20 Devastator Transformers G1 Re-issue Coming from Takara Tomy November 11, 2011

BaCon

While I like the nostalgia, why would you buy a release of a 25 year old mold? If it came with some new articulated items like legs, arms, waist hands then I would think that getting it would be worth it, but if it's the same old thing from years ago...just doesn't seem worth the $$$ you would spend.

Devastator is my favorite Gestalt, but this just doesn't excite.

Now the Not Devastator / Hercules is just the opposite. Given that each figure is about voyager size, he will tower over many if not all of the TF figures..... Can't wait!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's one of those 'I always wanted one, but didn't want to pay the aftermarket price' things. Also, G1 fans. Then you have people like me who could care less about articulation. It's nice, but I don't really care if it's limited or if I can roll it in a ball.

It's one of those 'I always wanted one, but didn't want to pay the aftermarket price' things. Also, G1 fans. Then you have people like me who could care less about articulation. It's nice, but I don't really care if it's limited or if I can roll it in a ball.

Exactly!

My childhood Devs was included in a box that was "donated" to someone (without my knowledge while I was in the Army) and I have always wanted to replace him. Its all about the childhood memories with G1 reissues for me. Either replacing a lost toy or getting one that I never had as a kid.

Sure, G1 toys lacked articulation for the most part, and in comparison to newer toys (look at Generations Blurr compared to G1 Blurr) some of the old toys can be just summed up as bad. My Encore Devs will just be transformed once or twice and then combined and placed (lovingly) in his spot on the shelves, relacing the cheap chinese ko that has been his place holder for so many years.

November cant get here fast enough as far as I am concerned.

I cant wait... It be the first time in my life owning a complete G1 Devastator come November...

I've had a vintage Devastator for years, honestly Takara should look at releasing some of the Japan only Transformers in the encore line. Like Greatshot, LioKaiser, Dinoking, Dezaras, Dai Atlas.

The ones people really want

Well then Takara has a big market. I got the Devastator gift set eons ago at a store called Zayre [ anyone remember that store? like Venture ] for getting on the Honor roll. I loved that set. I have since gotten old figures that I always wanted as a kid but couldn't get and some how I'm always disappointed when I finally get it. I do stop-motion animation so articulation is a big thing for me. If the set was $50 I would probably pick it up, but at almost $150 I can't justify it. :D

Well then Takara has a big market. I got the Devastator gift set eons ago at a store called Zayre [ anyone remember that store? like Venture ] for getting on the Honor roll. I loved that set. I have since gotten old figures that I always wanted as a kid but couldn't get and some how I'm always disappointed when I finally get it. I do stop-motion animation so articulation is a big thing for me. If the set was $50 I would probably pick it up, but at almost $150 I can't justify it. :D

Zayer and Venture were great stores. The Zayer toy section was incredible.

I've had a vintage Devastator for years, honestly Takara should look at releasing some of the Japan only Transformers in the encore line. Like Greatshot, LioKaiser, Dinoking, Dezaras, Dai Atlas.

Quoted for truth.

Also, Grandus and Sky Garry... hell the list could go on.

Quoted for truth.

Also, Grandus and Sky Garry... hell the list could go on.

I too want some Japan-only Transformers to be reissued, but there has never been an official reissue of G1 Devastator, so it is kind of a big deal.

I think the only Japanese exclusive re released is what Star Convoy? Landcross? Micromaster Combiners? Of course with Devy, he's really popular, so it's about time.

Archived