Encore 20 Devastator Transformers G1 Re-issue Coming from Takara Tomy November 11, 2011

BaCon

Oh yea, now we are getting somewhere. Thanks to a pre-order page added to Amazon Japan we have our first reveal that the Takara Tomy Encore No. 20 re-issue will Transformers G1 Devastator! There's no images shown but they have listed the MSRP price of 10,700 Yen / $132 USD as the price. The figure is listed to be released in Japan only on November 19, 2011. This figure will surely be offered by USA retailers in the near future. More details on Encore 20 Devastator coming soon. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit, our dollar really sucks. I got the KO Devastator last year for $45.

Thats a good price. I have been wanting to get that but cant find it for less that 100. $132 is OK to me for a legit release though. Actually glad I held out.

Wasnt Devs on the list of broken/lost molds at one point?

This could be real bad news for the not-devastator toy coming out. I for one would not get a third party toy when a reissue is coming out. I could see how some would be really enthusiastic about the larger scale update though. Either way, this has been an expensive year, and it looks like it is going to get worse.

Hasnt anyone heard that the economy is rough out there?

I got the Big Lots KOs of Devastator and Defensor for $8 a piece last year. Didn't they reissue G1 Devastator back in 06 or 07?

If I didn't already have an original G1 Devy, I would be all over this. I wonder what "differences" this one will have to distinguish itself against the original like all the other Encores have?

I got the Big Lots KOs of Devastator and Defensor for $8 a piece last year. Didn't they reissue G1 Devastator back in 06 or 07?

Noper, old Devy hasn't been released since G2.

Man, I can get a Devy in my choice of colors for about 5$. I even got a WST version a while back. Though a official release does offer those nice things like Hook having a face again and those metal pins used in the construction, and don't forget those wacky stickers.

Following up on our report of the Encore: #20 Devastator Gift Set, we have confirmation from Joel at Big Bad Toy Store that figure is indeed coming our way. They even have a pre-order page they have posted for the new release. The good news is BBTS has this set for less than the Japanese retail price, now listed at $119.99 USD, this set will is listed for released in the 4th quarter of 2011. Order the Generation 1 Constructicons play sets now at Big Bad Toy Store. Read the Full News Story Here

• 2 weeks later...
New images of TakaraTomy's upcoming Encore #20 Devastator re-issue have surfaced over at Toys R Us Japan, along with a release date. The figure is set for shipping from the retailer in November 11, 2011. The set is currently available from our fine sponsor Big Bad Toy Store. Read the Full News Story Here

Archived