2 ok to have?

Optics

I was wondering, which figures are worth having two. Like I have 3 E. Rodimus, one to SL with Prime, one solo, and one that SL with Prowl. I was thinking of gettin another one to create the scene with him holding the flag along side Prowl and Landmine. I have Shockblast and SL Laserwave. I own Wingsaber and i currently have him connected to Prime, he just looks so cool that I am going to buy another Wingsaber to go solo. But anyways, do any of you guys/girls collect more of the same figure?

Wow I never knew anyone that would have so many E. Rodimus's like you.

For me, well.. I only get 2 of a Transformer "Usually" if I really like the toy. Such as Arcee. I have 1 to pose and play with and one to keep MOSC to open later years on when and if I need to. Thats about it for me.

It's ok to have 2 of the same (as long as you like the toy very much and want another one). However, this has its drawbacks. I remember I myself used to buy doubles and was happy about it. I think it was months later that I regretted wasting my money on the same toy twice. I immediately sold all my doubles for half price; ended up losing a lot of $$$$$. If you do it once, it's ok. Twice is still ok. Third time you gotta think it over. Basically, my point is that you may not regret it today or tomorrow, but you will soon and you're not gonna like it.

As for me, the only toys I buy doubles, triples, etc of are Omnicons and Terrorcons (I own 5 Battle Ravages and 2 Command Ravages). I know I won't be regretting it ever because I plan on using them for fanfic purposes and I've already started writing cool stories/dioramas.

But one thing you gotta take into consideration is the following: It's best to buy different transformers out in the market than the same of one toy. For example, I stopped buying Battle Ravages (I'm hoping on getting 10-15 more) because I realized that he is a common toy and even after TF Cybertron finishes, he'll still be available online. So what I do with my money is use it for harder to find toys like the Grimlock and Swoop 2-pack or Beachcomber or the K-Mart exclusive Prowl & Checkpoint. It's a matter of strategy. The best thing to do is make a checklist of all the TF toys you're planning on getting and highlight the ones you think will be popular in the market or will become rare items like Sixshot or Starscream Reverse for example.

Absolutely! Like RiD Prowl, love the mold and colors. Also love RiD Scourge but I do not have more than one. Sometimes it is nice to have one opened and one MISB to enjoy the packaging too, if you can afford it that is. Anyway you look at it is cool, so long as you enjoy what you buy! :thumb

Yeah, doubles are good if you really like the figure.

I have 2 Energon Prowls, and actually it's not because I like the figure itself, but because Prowl looks so badass linked to himself.

And I also have 2 Skyblast figures, but one of them is the Japanese version - Airglide.

And I am also looking in to picking up another Wing Saber when I find him here in the states. I have the Takara version, and he's linked up to Prime right now, but once I get the Hasbro version, that one will become the armor so the Takara one can be displayed on it's own.

Having decided to go selective with Superlink/Energon (after trying out being a completist with Armada), I ended up with many of the same figures instead! :tfmad

Rodimus:

- 1 sealed on card (Hasbro)

- 1 sealed in box (Takara)

- 1 opened for play

- (at one point I had one specially for Arcee, but sold that one away)

Arcee:

- 1 sealed on card (Hasbro)

- 1 sealed on card (Takara)

- 1 defect (missing inner rim paint on one side of rear wheel)

- 1 opened for play, near-permanantly placed on Rodimus's shoulder

Wing Saber:

- 2 Superlink ones to make W (Double) Wing Convoy :P

SL GrandConvoy:

- 1 sealed (SC-13)

- 1 sealed in box with Kicker (Convoy & Kicker anniversary giftset)

- 1 sealed in box with Megatron (2pack)

- 1 opened for play

No wonder my friend calls me crazy...

Having doubles is way too costly me for me, but repaints don't count as doubles. I'm a mold completist who ilkes to buy some repaints I like, so I would rather spend my money on a new TF rather than something I already have back at my shelf.

you and i feel exactly the same way.

:)

when i have some cash floatin around, i will pick up the new ironhide, cuz it looks like it will go so well with my cliffjumper. but not yet....still new molds to be found.

Archived