Shia Says Dark of the Moon is His Last Transformers Movie - Part 4 Reboot Coming?

BaCon

If DOTM makes more money than the last two, don't hold your breath that Paramount and Hasbro are going to skip on the possibility of making more money by not rebooting the franchise. As bad as Spider-Man 3 was, Sony still decided to reboot it instead of making Spider-Man 4. I would love to see a reboot with a different set of characters getting the spotlight. BB has had his time in the light. He can go dormant for another 20 years now please. Thanks

If DOTM makes more money than the last two, don't hold your breath that Paramount and Hasbro are going to skip on the possibility of making more money by not rebooting the franchise. As bad as Spider-Man 3 was, Sony still decided to reboot it instead of making Spider-Man 4. I would love to see a reboot with a different set of characters getting the spotlight. BB has had his time in the light. He can go dormant for another 20 years now please. Thanks

Sony rebooted because none of the cast wanted to return after spider-man 3 and if they didn't make another movie the movie rights would revert back to Marvel who had just formed their own movie studio so sony didn't want to lose a potential summer blockbuster cash cow.

Sony rebooted because none of the cast wanted to return after spider-man 3 and if they didn't make another movie the movie rights would revert back to Marvel who had just formed their own movie studio so sony didn't want to lose a potential summer blockbuster cash cow.

and Paramount wouldn't want to do the same thing?

Because a reboot takes longer to set up than a sequel and you run the risk of alienating existing audiences (nothing new to Transfans) I was just saying they're much more likely to do a cash grab 4th installment sooner than a reboot. Doing a reboot is the same as a brand new film the only difference is your studio has already been guarenteed the license and has a certain track history good or bad. Just look at Warner Bros. history with Batman, both hit and miss. But it isn't all sherry and giggles.

I was just clarifying the spider-man issue for you. Sony just didn't want the rights to revert and then have to pay a fuckton of money to get back since Marvel's movies in the past decade have made its properties more valuable. Add that to Marvel being bought out by Disney and Sony knew they were SOL if the rights reverted. Marvel doesn't need Sony but Sony pictures couldn't afford to take the risk.

Well, with TFs the main characters aren't the humans, despite what the actors may think. All of the actors for the human characters could bail out & TF4 could still be made. If Peter Cullen left, that would make more of a difference, but there's always Garry Chalk or Neil Kaplan or David Kaye to take over there. And Kaye could replace Gooding as Megatron as well. Yessss. :tfgrin For any of the 2 or 3 TFs that actually get lines in the Bay movies, sound-alikes could easily be used. Maybe not accepted by the fans, but used.

It's alot easier to continue a movie franchise when actors bail out if the actual stars are animated.

Here's hoping there is NO reboot. Let TF go back to what it does best: Being a TV series.

I had this whole article I was going to write about my thoughts on Shia Lebouf, but ya know what? Forget that. Blitz-wing's post sez it all, and I couldn't agree more.

:win

He's one of those actors that seems to play the same guy in every movie. For him it's "overly excitable but inherently likable guy who thinks he's more clever than he actually is".

I like him and all, but Transformers will certainly survive without him.

just my 2 cents but i would love to see a cartoon (not computer animated) with the movie look. If done right it could do well. i have already started writing tf: movieverse fiction and i hope they continue with this franchise.:wave

I have to disagree 110%. If they made a TF "cartoon" movie - I wouldn't even go. Then again, I don't buy TF comics either. I'm all for a reboot or a continuation - with or without shae and with our without Bay. But I think humans are an important part of it, to attract a mass audience - and a mass audience means bigger budget capable of the computer animation. I much prefer the computer animation to cartoons.

All I can say is THANK YOU JEBUS! Now maybe they can focus on movies in the IDW universe and bring in Welker to reprise his roles from G1 before he dies. David Kaye is also welcome and whoever voiced BW Optimus.

OMG - i'd rather watch ROTF again than go to a BW's movie. Leave that for kids on tv's cartoon channels.

Archived