DOTM Leader Class Ironhide Issue

leonalmasy

Got mine from TRU.com and as everyone else, the head glued.

No problem. Less than 48 hours later, it moves just fine! I fixed mine the old fashioned way, I kept trying to move it until it did!!!

That's' all really. Trying to figure out how to say it without it sounding like some weird, dirty post. But here it goes...just gently push on it from different sides (don't twist), and eventually it starts to feel like it's starting to loosen up, then try turning.

So long as you don't over-do it, it should work...I think most people can fix it with no surgery required.

No problem. Less than 48 hours later, it moves just fine! I fixed mine the old fashioned way, I kept trying to move it until it did!!!

That's' all really. Trying to figure out how to say it without it sounding like some weird, dirty post. But here it goes...just gently push on it from different sides (don't twist), and eventually it starts to feel like it's starting to loosen up, then try turning.

So long as you don't over-do it, it should work...I think most people can fix it with no surgery required.

good call. bought! got him and Kre-O Prime. both in stock and free shipping. no hunting for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Good call!!! I got mine on Friday and really like him, but figured I'd have to get the head turning. It's good to know I don't have to hack away at him, thanks!!!

I found another solution online that helped. A blow dryer!!! Just turn a blow dryer on high and focus on Ironhides' neck for about twenty seconds and after a couple of wiggles his head was able to turn. Much better!! I wonder why they decided to glue his head like that? So the wiring to his eyes doesn't get broken? Regardless, Leader Class Ironhide is pretty awesome. I'd recommend him to anybody.

I forced my head until it moved. Then it kept popping off. So I ripped the cables out of the head, cut the front part of the faceplate off and glued the little level on the back of his head in place, putting the head back on before it set. I also glued the chest button in place so it couldn't be used to push the lever out of position. Doing this makes the back of the head latch on to a lip on his neck, making for a solid connection at the cost of some voice and lights action, which is no biggy since I've already removed the batteries.

THANK YOU!

I finally found Ironhide yesterday at KMart (conveniently tucked away on the top shelf, way in the back... sorry unknown TF Fan who was obviously hiding it for later... :) )

I was really disappointed in noticing that the head would not turn. The hair dryer tip did the trick. Thanks so much - now he is perfect!

IMG_20110703_074255.jpg

Archived