Is it just me or is TFormers a wasteland right now?

Jason X

So let's be productive here. What all would we like to see on the forums? BaCon is asking for suggestions, so why not give him answers. He is FAR more accommodating than most board owners, so I'm thankful for that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BaCon, thank you SO MUCH for removing the old way of puuting up customs galleries! :thumb

I so liked the old way better, and now that's back I can see mroe ppl being willing to put customs up for viewing again.

Oh one thing I remember just now that I'd like to see you bring back.

Back before you changed the sire format r whatever, whenever I got a OM, its pop up on screen once I signed in. I thought that was a great feature as some ppl don't notice their PMs for a long time, and this makes sure they see it :D

Pretty minor for consideration, but I figure it could be said.

For some reason, when Remy's World subsection went idle, the "What I bought today" topic was moved from that section, to the Transformers Toys section. It's still sticking around, even though Remy's World is gone.

Since the majority of the posts are the same as the "Hauls" thread, can we get rid of the "What I bought today" thread, or alternatively, move it "The Oilhouse" and open it up to posting whatever misc items you bought that day, that you want to share?

Edit: Striked out about Remy's World being gone. Went back to the main page and it was staring at me straight in the face. :lol :redface

The more I think about it, the more sense condensing the forums would make. I mean, yeah, wouldn't everything that isn't news fit into general? And even then, couldn't news fit into a sub section of general? Obviously have art and fan made stuff in it's own sections, but everything's so spread out, maybe the forums would seem busier.

For some reason, when Remy's World subsection went idle, the "What I bought today" topic was moved from that section, to the Transformers Toys section. Since the majority of the posts are the same as the "Hauls" thread, can we get rid of the "What I bought today" thread, or alternatively, move it "The Oilhouse" and open it up to posting whatever misc items you bought that day, that you want to share?

I agree with this. It seems for the most part that transfan2 will double post into each of those threads.

TFW has a ton of comments on the same story. I see a bunch of F bombs being dropped there. I wonder if being less kid friendly is a bigger draw to adult collectors who will actually post on forums.

TFW also has quite a large number of kids there, considering how lax their language rules are.

The other idea I had was concerning the collector showcase sub-forum. People will rarely use it now for a couple of reasons:

The default sort is alphebetical. I have mine set to Last Post Descending (just like the other forum defaults), and to remember. Currently, it has very few topics in the last 30 days (default) that it is in danger of appearing to be empty. I know this was changed so you could post collections to the frontpage. Even so, there are duplicate collection threads in there for the same person, it appears it is because of a frontpage posting glitch. And I am not entirely sure what happened once in the past where my thread got archived somehow. I wonder if other users can't get to their threads because they've been archived?

Oh another example of a dead forum is the fanfic section, since no posts in a LONG time make the default setting for topic display will show the forum as being empty, even though it is not.

Another change, something that was supposed to get phased out a long time ago but hasn't yet. The original way to leave feedback for someone was to use the TFans Feedback thread in teh End Cap. I remember helping to work out some method to get that sub-forum created that has topics per user. Eventually, that thread was supposed to be closed and to use the sub-forum only but that hasn't happened. The generic feedback thread is still open, still stickied and still being used.

One last thing about the Moderation team. If I go to click that link at the bottom of the forum, I see there are three groups, Admins, Smods and Mods. But the strange thing is that all the Mods are assigned to all the same forums (and some that are either no longer present or hidden from the Member group such as Skis) but are clearly NOT sMods. Its just a strange way of organizing the staff members like that. I don't even know where I'm heading with this one. :tfpwn

Each community has it's own vibe, so to speak. So, I wouldn't worry about TFW's cursing and such. Because the people who like it there, would prefer to post there. They'd come here for another reason, maybe the different community vibe. I think the challenge here is finding our vibe as it currently is and attracting like minded people.

Just curious: When you say more reviews, what kind of reviews? More on just the figures? Or are you looking at reviews for all the sublines and classes? I do what I can but I work on a limited budget. We have the member review section so anyone can post a review. Occasionally, we even move certain member reviews to the front page. I'm like the rest of you, forced to purchase figures in store or at HTS.com, etc. Less than 1% of the figures I have reviewed were ever donated or otherwise supplied to me free. I'd love to review more than I do, but I also have bills to pay

I know thats why I was suggesting what I suggested. It would be great to review more of everything but I understand the constraints placed on you Blitz.

Archived