I threw out a crapload of boxes today....

PuertoRiCON

My collection continues to grow, and my closet is needed for more important things (clothes, storage, etc...) so I threw out most if not all of the boxes I was holding on to. I chucked my 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime box, along with MP Grimlock and Walmart Starscream as well as Alternators Smokescreen and Sideswipes boxes.

Part of me felt bad to do it, but at the same time it was liberating. It feels good not to hold onto so much clutter. DO you guys keep your boxes/packages as well? I held onto them for no real reason, I don't ever see myself selling any of these guys, and the way MP Grimlocks packaging was setup, it was such aa pain to get him back into the box. If Hasbro did their MP's boxes like Takara's, I would have kept them but Hasbro's packaging sucks.

I've only ever kept the boxes for my MP Megatron and for the stuff from Fansproject. Other than that, out they go.

I keep my collection MISP but I do hang onto the packaging for my younger son. We have a big basement so storage isn't an issue and he may want it later.

I know you could've sold all that packaging to a site like Transformerland.com though. He buys everything (boxes, cards, tech specs, art clipped from any of the former, ect). Then you could've turned that into more TFs!

i keep everything. I feel it helps resell value. Also, putting the figure back in the package again will help keep it safe while in storage and moving. but i understand the clutter. I have packaging in my closest for a goof 5 or 6 months until it it fills up. Then i need to get a box and move the packaging out to my storage in the garage. I have my boxes in the garage labeled so if i ever need to find something, i can.

I used to keep it all until the day I finally had to bite the bullet and jettison the cards and bubbles. Man those can bury you FAST! I still keep all the boxes from boxed figs though, and yeah, they are EVERYWHERE! Even if I start getting an itch to lighten the load with those, I don't think I'll actually ever throw out the outer boxes, just all the inserts and crap.

Without the inserts the boxes can collapse and store much more easily. Then at some point, if need be, those figures will at least have the boxes they came in to put them back with. One can always remake or acquire inserts if it means that much.

My biggest problem is opening figures and getting so caught up in the figures I just end up leaving boxes and bubbles all over the place. While they do get stacked neatly and out of the way, they eventually build up and start to overflow on me until I end up having to throw a ton of crap out at once.

That's probably why my family things I spend so much more than I do. They see me throw out like 4 or 5 months full of packaging at once and assume I just bought all of that at once.

Archived