Review: DOTM Crankcase Figure

Blitz-Wing

Plus, mine had the long middle finger clipped on both hands! What gives?

What do you mean "clipped"? You mean they cut the middle finger off of the figure, so kids couldn't use it to communicate what they feel about this toy line....just kidding....:tflaugh

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a big thing with Crankcase's having clipped fingers in the US. There are lot numbers without them. In particular Crankcase's with a lot number of 03651 will not have clipped fingers, where as all 10601's have clipped fingers. I've confirmed this myself.

Are you referring to the # stamped / imprinted on the packaging? Since he's in alt mode you can't tell until you open him up.

Yep. Here's the numbers from TFW2005 before it became irrelevant since it seemed like a set pattern in regards to the numbers.

03641 - 1 Intact, 0 Cut

03651 - 15 Intact, 0 Cut

10131* - 22 Intact, 0 Cut

*This number seems to be the "international" one, with locations like Canada, Australia, Chile and The Netherlands.

10191 - 1 Intact, 0 Cut (Scotland)

10321 - 1 Intact, 0 Cut (United Kingdom)

10531 - 5 Intact, 8 Cut

10561 - 18 Intact, 2 Cut

10601 - 3 Intact, 35 Cut

10801 - 0 Intact, 2 Cut

Special thanks to Galvatron Rage of TFW2005 for having kept track of this.

I like Crankcase. He's got a real Insecticon vibe to him but still fits well in the movie universe.

If they ever did decide to bring the Dinobots to the movieverse, I hope they' follow suit.

:agree completely. I was a little ify about the Insecticon nod at first, but after actually having this guy in hand...dig it! :thumb

I bought him today as well. Lot # 10601 and his fingers were clipped. I am guessing it is because from the pic on the package it was a sharp pointing tipped finger. So I am understanding they did this so kids won't get hurt since the tip does look nice and sharp.

I bought one last night. It turned out it is a clipped Crankcase, but thankfully they are even. I am sorry, but in my opinion it is more of a censorship thing than a safety thing as the hands are not hard. Weapons on other figures are more of a safety hazard than these hands.

I bought one last night. It turned out it is a clipped Crankcase, but thankfully they are even. I am sorry, but in my opinion it is more of a censorship thing than a safety thing as the hands are not hard. Weapons on other figures are more of a safety hazard than these hands.

:agree After actually transforming him and feeling how soft the plastic / rubber is on his hands, I now know it wasn't for safety.....

There's a big thing with Crankcase's having clipped fingers in the US. There are lot numbers without them. In particular Crankcase's with a lot number of 03651 will not have clipped fingers, where as all 10601's have clipped fingers. I've confirmed this myself.

I concur that was the same number I brought with the un-clipped Crankcase. So I have one with and one without the middle finger.

Archived