Review: DOTM Crankcase Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
In 4wks (or less for some), Dark of the Moon will be hitting theatres all over the globe. Several new characters will make their debut for this movie. One such character is the Decepticon Crankcase, part of the Hunters group. Just how much of a punch does this ugly brute pack into a Deluxe mold? Find out by reading this review!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure on this guy. Only because I think he should be a Voyager size being that he's is suppose to be a Huge SUV. I doubt that will ever happen so...

He and deluxe Bumblebee were my first DOTM purchases and I am going to get a lot of the other figures. I just love the look of so many of the figures! The only figures I know for sure I'm not getting are voyager Prime, deluxe Laserbeak, and a couple of the Human Aliance Basic's.

Just bought him today, I gotta say, I really like him. A note on the dreads, they are very very difficult to move to the side and mine started to tear, so be careful with them.

I like this toy and I hate it. Like Topspin, the robot mode is kind of ugly, but it's also got nice, normal, humanoid proportions, which appeals to me. I would probably buy Crankcase if it had a G1 Insecticon color scheme. I'd also clip off those dreads.

I like Crankcase. He's got a real Insecticon vibe to him but still fits well in the movie universe.

If they ever did decide to bring the Dinobots to the movieverse, I hope they' follow suit.

"Ugly" is a point of view. He is a Decepticon, so the designers of the character made him scary and evil, intended to inspire fear. I'm not sure a cutesy pretty face would really match well with his character. ;) I think his robot mode is wicked cool and nothing out of the ordinary from what we've seen in the Bayverse. Mine had some loose hips, but some super glue fixed that right up. My only gripe is that the feet have no articulation what so ever (but due to the transformation it's completely understandable, plus he's capable of a wide range of poses anyways, especially with those double hinged knees). Plus, mine had the long middle finger clipped on both hands! What gives?

"Ugly" is a point of view. He is a Decepticon, so the designers of the character made him scary and evil, intended to inspire fear. I'm not sure a cutesy pretty face would really match well with his character. ;) I think his robot mode is wicked cool and nothing out of the ordinary from what we've seen in the Bayverse. Mine had some loose hips, but some super glue fixed that right up. My only gripe is that the feet have no articulation what so ever (but due to the transformation it's completely understandable, plus he's capable of a wide range of poses anyways, especially with those double hinged knees). Plus, mine had the long middle finger clipped on both hands! What gives?

I've read that it was a last-second decision at the manufacturing level at Takara, and it is kind of keeping me away from this figure.

Archived