Transformers 3 Will Take 2 Hours and 23 Minutes of Your Life Away

Peter_Van

The runtime for Transformers Dark of the Moon has been finalized and will clock in at 143 minutes. That translates to two hours and 23 minutes of your life that you need to plan around. The film is set to hit theaters worldwide (except China and Japan) on June 29, 2011 with the World Premiere set for Moscow on June 23rd. BotCon 2011 Hall of Fame attendees will get sneak peeks of scenes from Dark of the Moon, presented by Director Michael Bay. Read the Full News Story Here

The runtime for Transformers Dark of the Moon has been finalized and will clock in at 143 minutes. That translates to two hours and 23 minutes of your life that you need to plan around. The film is set to hit theaters worldwide (except China and Japan) on June 29, 2011 with the World Premiere set for Moscow on June 23rd. BotCon 2011 Hall of Fame attendees will get sneak peeks of scenes from Dark of the Moon, presented by Director Michael Bay. Read the Full News Story Here

After being pwned by the sheer awful-ness of the first two movies, I read the novelization review. (NO WORRIES/NO SPOILERS).

I just couldn't subject myself to another let-down - there will be calls for Bay's head from the fan base after this movie hits - and yet he'll go on, unaffected, and make more Bay-splosions.

I'm sorry to say that my suspicions were justified and I won't waste my time or money on the third movie.

I've been a lifelong TF fan (since the debut in ~'83).

The movie, the current toys, and the current marketing reek of the early 90's failures (Pretenders, Action Masters, etc.)

Since Hollywood is obsessed with reboots and remakes, perhaps I'll see one that does the franchise justice sometime in the next 5-7 years - hopefully while Welker and Cullen are still with us (RIP Chirs Latta.)

Wow... your headline could be interpreted with quite the negative connotation...

Of course it very well Could Be... after all, I still haven't found a way to get the 2hours and (wahtever) minutes of my life back that was ROTF. : P

After being pwned by the sheer awful-ness of the first two movies, I read the novelization review. (NO WORRIES/NO SPOILERS).

I just couldn't subject myself to another let-down - there will be calls for Bay's head from the fan base after this movie hits - and yet he'll go on, unaffected, and make more Bay-splosions.

I'm sorry to say that my suspicions were justified and I won't waste my time or money on the third movie.

The movie, the current toys, and the current marketing reek of the early 90's failures (Pretenders, Action Masters, etc.)

Since Hollywood is obsessed with reboots and remakes, perhaps I'll see one that does the franchise justice sometime in the next 5-7 years - hopefully while Welker and Cullen are still with us (RIP Chirs Latta.)

Sorry but there flaws in the logic there. Success is measured by one thing in this world...$$$$$$$$$$! Transformers has made more money in the last 4 years with Bay than it probably ever did in all of the previous 20+ years combined and the franchise has exploded throughout our pop culture like never before. Perhaps that's why so many are so against it.

The failure IS NOT measured by the number of disgruntled, can't get past 1984 and thinks every thing in the Transformers universe needs to be THAT thing (g1) again, and again and again and again and again, and yes...AGAIN!

I was there before Transformers were called Transformers. The creativeness that they inspired in me is what has kept me a fan for so long. Good, bad, or whatever...at least it is creative! I see nothing creative or inspiring about cloning the same exact thing for over 25 years like some would like. If that were the case, the franchise would have been dead before Beast Wars.

It's natural though. The older people get, the more difficult it is to like and embrace new things. Bay did what needed to be done and people hate him for it. It could never go any different for anyone else who will ever work on anything Transformers.

Sorry but there flaws in the logic there. Success is measured by one thing in this world...$$$$$$$$$$! Transformers has made more money in the last 4 years with Bay than it probably ever did in all of the previous 20+ years combined and the franchise has exploded throughout our pop culture like never before. Perhaps that's why so many are so against it.

The failure IS NOT measured by the number of disgruntled, can't get past 1984 and thinks every thing in the Transformers universe needs to be THAT thing (g1) again, and again and again and again and again, and yes...AGAIN!

I was there before Transformers were called Transformers. The creativeness that they inspired in me is what has kept me a fan for so long. Good, bad, or whatever...at least it is creative! I see nothing creative or inspiring about cloning the same exact thing for over 25 years like some would like. If that were the case, the franchise would have been dead before Beast Wars.

It's natural though. The older people get, the more difficult it is to like and embrace new things. Bay did what needed to be done and people hate him for it. It could never go any different for anyone else who will ever work on anything Transformers.

well said. My girlfriend only knows what Transformers are thanks to Bay. I'm showing her all the older stuff and i can sort of tell she's kind of getting into to it. I can't hate Bay for making girls like Optimus and Bumblebee.

I'm excited for this movie!

I go into these movies and enjoy what I can from them, even in ROTF I found moments that I enjoyed, despite Devastator's "balls" I liked the complexity and effort put into his body, despite the horrible horrible plot, I still enjoyed some of the fight scenes and even the characters (Jetfire = What I want to be like at 80).

So this film is no different, I'll see it, enjoy what I can, and hope for the best. Besides, if I was willing to pay $5 to see X-men Origins: Wolverine, then I'm sure I can manage $5 for this one :P

Archived