Where Are We Heading Next?

madman1366

Ages 13-18 are the kid portion it's targeted at

The first two movies have a 12 rating in the UK, but I probably would have rated them 15 myself. I did mention that I'd like a Transformers movie that I could take my kids to, but it looks like that's not going to happen any time soon. What really annoys me is that when I heard they were making a Transformers live-action film, I made the mistake of mentioning it to my kids as something for them to look forward to, like I was.

My expectations of the movie franchise were probably a little too high. I was impressed by the way Peter Jackson handled the Lord of the Rings movies so I was expecting a similar approach.

To be fair, movies like First Class are prequels. They're a bit of a reboot in themselves.

That I'll admit to, but there's a certain similarity to the original films. If the TF movie franchise gets rebooted, just how different would it look compared to the Bayverse? Do the studios even want to attempt something like that?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no reason why G1 couldn't have been made to look more realistic. I think a marriage between the two is completely possible. Just don't mix live action with Animated and definitely don't try to feed us another Bayverse styled trilogy. A reboot wouldn't be just a reboot for the movie franchise, it means an all new universe of TFdome and I like my various continuities to have something different in each of them to make them unique.

There is no reason why G1 couldn't have been made to look more realistic. I think a marriage between the two is completely possible. Just don't mix live action with Animated and definitely don't try to feed us another Bayverse styled trilogy. A reboot wouldn't be just a reboot for the movie franchise, it means an all new universe of TFdome and I like my various continuities to have something different in each of them to make them unique.

Yep, and it also means new toys, which is good for Hasbro and for the Transformers image in retail stores. Despite new sculpts, and the occasional new alt-mode, we've had the same basic toys since 2007.

Prequels are reboot-ish, but still generally exist in the same continuity. The Wolverine X-Men prequel movie was successful enough it has it's own sequel coming out soon, although that should probably be considered a spinoff.

The 4th Pirates movie did well for itself. It is a legitimate sequel AND lost several key players from the trilogy. Then there's things like Shrek and the Fast & Furious movies. While no one I know took these movies seriously they still made bank.

I can also easily see them putting out a War for Cybertron-style prequel TF movie. Regardless of the technique, if DOTM Makes in another $800+ million worldwide we'll be seeing some kind of new live action TF movie sooner rather than later.

Well after watching DOTM we are now guaranteed that there will not be a 4th movie connected to the bayverse. It will need to be a reboot. Good time to go to straight to DVD/bluray hasbro.

Well after watching DOTM we are now guaranteed that there will not be a 4th movie connected to the bayverse. It will need to be a reboot. Good time to go to straight to DVD/bluray hasbro.

Not necessarily. I still think this is the perfect opportunity to make a leap similar to what was done from season 2 to season 3 in G1.

I would love to see some direct to DVD specials though.

If you do see any direct to video dvd, they more then likely will not include a lot of the old. I don't see Hasbro doing them as the Trilogy has wrapped up. And they want to concentrate on Prime for some reason

If you do see any direct to video dvd, they more then likely will not include a lot of the old. I don't see Hasbro doing them as the Trilogy has wrapped up. And they want to concentrate on Prime for some reason

I could handle some in continuity DVD movies that filled in some of the events that took place in the 2-3 year gap between movies. One of the reasons I wasn't upset about the lack of Megatron in the DOTM movie was becasue of the large role he played in the DOTM game. Between that and comics the movie continuity was alot more well rounded.

They had a comic sequel to the first movie called The Reign of Starscream. I wouldn't mind seeing a movie adaptation of that.

Ages 13-18 are the kid portion it's targeted at

The first two movies have a 12 rating in the UK, but I probably would have rated them 15 myself. I did mention that I'd like a Transformers movie that I could take my kids to, but it looks like that's not going to happen any time soon. What really annoys me is that when I heard they were making a Transformers live-action film, I made the mistake of mentioning it to my kids as something for them to look forward to, like I was.

My expectations of the movie franchise were probably a little too high. I was impressed by the way Peter Jackson handled the Lord of the Rings movies so I was expecting a similar approach.

To be fair, movies like First Class are prequels. They're a bit of a reboot in themselves.

That I'll admit to, but there's a certain similarity to the original films. If the TF movie franchise gets rebooted, just how different would it look compared to the Bayverse? Do the studios even want to attempt something like that?

Sooooo.....let me see if this is correct. Orks (or whatever they're called) getting beheaded, blowing up, shot with arrows, hacked to pieces etc...etc...was ok. A death toll that would give Rambo a complex, fine. Robots (machines) getting busted up and destroyed is bad?

Not following the logic there.

My youngest nephew was 9 when the first movie came out. I took him. Guess what? He wasn't scarred for life. He doesn't suffer 1000 different syndromes from his exposure to such inappropriate content. And last time I checked, he's never tried to hump any hot girls legs. Haven't heard that behavior running rampant.

Most kids have and will see much worse things. If you're really guarding your kids THAT much fine, more power to you. There is plenty out there for smaller kids. No reason you can't simply wait until you think your kids are ready to handle them and enjoy them with them then.

So what if people wanted movies they can bring their 2 years olds too, does that mean Optimus should have been an overgrown Barney? Sing some songs and do some dances while telling scary stories around the fire of the eeeeevil Megatron? Who bullies bots by sneaking up on them and bashing them with giant pillows! Oh nooooooo.

When you stop and really think about the Transformers from a conceptual point of view, there's nothing all that kid friendly about them. The only way to keep them strictly for kids is simply to keep them in the animated world. You can get away with making up more rules there.

Archived