Review: DOTM Deluxe Class Bumblebee Figure

Blitz-Wing

How can something with that much back kibble get 8/10?

This is not a "B" transformer unless your curve is obscene.

If you're careful, you can slide the roof assembly up behind the doors and tires - reduces the kibble factor a lot and gives him a more solid appearance.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I was heading towards the Walmart checkout with Roadbuster in hand. I noticed a little boy carrying Bumblebee. Every year there are new kids just reaching the age where they're interested in TFs, and it appears every year these new young Transfans want to get their first BB :)

And that's why Hasbro releases so many BB repaints...they keep selling. I'll say that a Deluxe BB is never a shelf warmer...

Yesterday I was heading towards the Walmart checkout with Roadbuster in hand. I noticed a little boy carrying Bumblebee. Every year there are new kids just reaching the age where they're interested in TFs, and it appears every year these new young Transfans want to get their first BB :)

And that's why Hasbro releases so many BB repaints...they keep selling. I'll say that a Deluxe BB is never a shelf warmer...

The Generations BB did for a little bit. But i'm sure they're all gone now.

I suppose it depends on demographics. I saw quite a bit of the BB BB on the shelves here for awhile.

I guess I should clarify what I mean as a shelf warmer. I am not saying it sits for a few weeks, or even a month, I am talking several months [ i.e. 6 months or more ] to the point that a new line of figures are stocked, sold out, restocked, and discontinued while they remain on the pegs.

There are still TRU that have rows of ROTF figures next to the DOTM figures. Very few if any Generations / WFC / RTS / figures. ROTF Skids / Mudflap are the definition of Shelf warmers.

I value your reviews, they're a wonderful thing. There is the obvious issue of Bumblebee saturation, and I completely understand why Hasbro does it (although looking at shelves we MAY have finally hit the point where he'll be shelf warming- we'll have to consider again AFTER the movie is out).

But how can you be so hard on Leader BB and so kind to this mess? I have both, and except for the size and price point issues on Leader (I really, really wish he was HA sized), IMO he's one of the best BB toys we've gotten (there STILL isn't a perfect one out there, there's something wrong with each of them). The new deluxe seems like a huge step backwards from battle blade (which is also one of the ones that really shines). Yes there are a couple improvements, but for each thing they fixed, they managed to wreck two other things that were good.

Rant over (at least until I find out why the new Sideswipe scored so high). Again, you do good reviews. I actually liked the new system (although I didn't fully understand it either).

I value your reviews, they're a wonderful thing. There is the obvious issue of Bumblebee saturation, and I completely understand why Hasbro does it (although looking at shelves we MAY have finally hit the point where he'll be shelf warming- we'll have to consider again AFTER the movie is out).

But how can you be so hard on Leader BB and so kind to this mess? I have both, and except for the size and price point issues on Leader (I really, really wish he was HA sized), IMO he's one of the best BB toys we've gotten (there STILL isn't a perfect one out there, there's something wrong with each of them). The new deluxe seems like a huge step backwards from battle blade (which is also one of the ones that really shines). Yes there are a couple improvements, but for each thing they fixed, they managed to wreck two other things that were good.

Rant over (at least until I find out why the new Sideswipe scored so high). Again, you do good reviews. I actually liked the new system (although I didn't fully understand it either).

If they would just make a HA sized Battle Blades BB they could reuse that mold over and over and over...well you get my point...:D

Not to defend myself, but two things I'll take into account as rebuttal:

1) I never bought Battle Blades BB. I was so sick of BB at that point that I couldn't justify the purchase. Maybe I robbed myself.

2) Leader BB resembles a oversize KO of HA Bumblebee, sans the human interaction parts. If they expect me to pay $45 for an oversized BB, it damn well better do something with that rear bumper hanging off the legs, as an example.

That said, you have your opinion and I have mine. We both value each other's opinion and that's what matters :beer

That said, I kind of see some inconsistency in overall scores. For example, on the front page, voyager Ironhide and deluxe BB both have four stars. However, and I may be mistaking, my impression was that you liked BB much better than IH...

I have no control over that banner, but that reminds me that I did see that inconsistency. I'll alert Admin about it so they can correct it.

Archived