Review: DOTM Megatron Figure

Blitz-Wing

This is a great figure. I actually don't mind the lack of paint apps as usually they can't get the colors right anyways. :tfevil

I plan to apply my own paint apps....eventually....:D

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Customizable TF kit for these figures that include markers you can use to apply paint apps to the figure. It would of course be the same figures, just in different packaging....maximize the mold. I wonder if people would buy it?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would get behind a "black/gunmetal Gray" redeco of this guy. specifically, I want his fusion cannon to be black. If it were, he'd be a perfect movie Megatron. (never bought the movie 1 or 2 versions.)

size wise, he looks a bit small next too Battle Blades prime but is nicely menacing large against RtS Prime.

I actually like how this incarnation of Megatron plays up more to the "evil brother" theme, compared to Optimus. In addition to the similar altmode, they even made it so that while Megatron keeps most of his movie look, he also has the wheels on his upper legs, much like how Optimus does.

Scale-wise looking at the cab, would he be the right side to go with the Cyberverse version of Prime? If so, while they have similar altmodes, Megatron should still tower over Prime. A good reason for Prime to have his trailer, maybe?

I love how you say "best Bayverse Megatron bar none". it further motivates me to buy it. The cowl is a nice touch, the really cool gun is really cool and I like the overall body build, specificallly he just looks less stumpy and i like that a lot.

Thanks for the help, guys

I agree. This Megs is the best of the movie Megatrons we've gotten. The transformation is fun and fluid, the bot mode poses nicely, the cape is downright awesome, and both modes look great

I plan on getting this guy, but I'm placing him low on my priority list just in case they later come out with a leader class version. (It paid off for Brawl :) )

But like others have mentioned, I'm afraid that a leader class version won't be in scale with leader Prime because of the trailer being part of the robot. It's like G1 Motormaster and Prime... What I'd really like to see is a good Ultimate Megatron where the robot AND cab match up with leader Optimus and most of the trailer becomes his weapons...

Ditto :agree

IMO the best movie incarnation of him, his CGI render is badass. I might pick this Megs up if no leader is announced for him.

Gotta admit - wasn't sure about the whole Phantom of the Opera thing Megs seems to have going with the hood, but the idea's grown on me. Although, I kinda want to wait and see if there will be a 'repaired' Megs coming down the pipeline later...

I would hold bet that a Leader class will be in the works eventually. I wouldn't mind if it retained the "Motormaster" connectivity with the body and the legs, but I would at least like to see the trailer articulate like it was on a 5th wheel.

Archived