DotM toy quality

Phoenixhawk

It seems the biggest all around flaw are those peg and clip mechanisms, like on SP's shoulders. It seems like the friction is wearing down the hooked ends of the pegs so that the clip can't grab and hold it as tightly as it should. Probably fixable though.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems the biggest all around flaw are those peg and clip mechanisms, like on SP's shoulders. It seems like the friction is wearing down the hooked ends of the pegs so that the clip can't grab and hold it as tightly as it should. Probably fixable though.

I tightened the screws underneath his chest and mine actually pegs in no problem now. Might want to check if the screws have not been screwed in all the way. if the black peg moves up and down then the screws are not tightened all the way

Today I was shortening the handle on Voyager Op's mechtech gun so I could give it to Shockwave without it sticking out too far from his arm.

The plastic on that gun was fuckin' amazingly hard to cut. My new X-acto blade, the blade itself, not the handle, just snapped in two. It took me about 15 minutes to cut through a centimeter's worth of plastic.

At least on Voyager OP, the plastic is in no way cheap.

Today I was shortening the handle on Voyager Op's mechtech gun so I could give it to Shockwave without it sticking out too far from his arm.

The plastic on that gun was fuckin' amazingly hard to cut. My new X-acto blade, the blade itself, not the handle, just snapped in two. It took me about 15 minutes to cut through a centimeter's worth of plastic.

At least on Voyager OP, the plastic is in no way cheap.

I do believe some parts are thinner and lighter, but I also believe that it is also stronger. Hasbro takes it's safety standards pretty seriously, so I doubt if they would ever give us plastic that could easily crack or splinter creating injury. As I've said, I can go through old totes of figures and see plenty of figures from those older lines that had "better" plastic and see all kinds of crack lines and things that were never there before. While none of it has any effect on the figures, they are noticeable none the less.

I've had no plastic issues with newer figs at all. Save for a clear plastic part that cracked, but the clear plastic has always had more limitations in terms of strength.

The Paint apps are a serious issue! its crap! I've been waiting for RoadBuster forever, and now I get a cheap piece of crap, the missile batteries ON MY SECOND RoadBuster pop off easily, he has loose arms AGAIN!!! He has almost no paint apps as a robot.... GOD if they had only painted his robot mode, For GODS SAKES look at TopSpin's alt-mode the guns aren't the details aren't painted... and has anyone noticed... no I'll save that for another topic....

I got Megatron yesterday. He seems small for a voyager. But one thing I did notice is that all the toys I picked up at the store seemed light

I posted a pic when I first got him, but I've been touching up on my Voyager Prime's paint aps ever since day one. Same goes for the ROTF Primes, but not to this scale. I've since painted the grill of his truck form, the headlights, his robot mode 'tires' and a few other points that look a lot better now.

Same goes for Deluxe Bumblebee, mine's face was suffering from a bad case of missed spots (faded airbrushing around eyes, nose, etc) that I brushed in.

I took the cape from my Voyager Megatron and painted the belts too,

Missed or sloppy paint apps again is not something new here. These are constant Hasbro issues not exclusive to the DOTM line. In fact, nothing I've seen here is anything different. The only real subject worth any discussion is the slight scale down with some of the figures...again, shouldn't be all that big of a deal given the less we're paying.

If I crapped on every line because of a couple figures I didn't care for then I'd never have been a fan or collector because these kinds of flaws have always been here. Some issues might be better or worse from line to line but there is always SOMETHING. Damn Hasbro...you'd think they could have learned to be the first absolutely perfect corporation by now!

I know everyone bitches and moans about each line a little bit (I know I was pissed as all hell about how Animated's plastic wore itself down extremely fast, making for figures floppy as all hell), so is it just me, or are people bitch about this line more than several of the past lines?

Or is it just that this time I don't really agree with most of the complaints?

The new toys have dropped in quality on every level...except for a few. Starscream is an example of the kind of quality we were seeing in "the hunt for decepticons line" in terms of detail design and engineering. Now when it comes to quality of the plastic, this really nice figure greatly suffers...and it is apparent that all the new toys are made with this cheaper plastic. Think the same plastic used in the legends/cyberverse toys.

No way! Ugh! Seeems like I may be staying away just because of the difference in plastics. A shame too because I did notice the cheeper plastic on Sentinel and although he looks cool, I just have to wonder about the integrity of the figure it's self.

I'm loving the look of The Wreckers and just mau pick them up as well as the smaller HA figures. That dune buggy is sold and sold again if there's ever a Beachcomber veresion of this guy but it seems that the only ones I'm looking at are the Wreckers, Skyhammer because I'm really digging his look and of all things ...The Twins (There. I said it.).

Archived